• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant / Other Visual indicators?

The Chupecabra

Smash Rookie
I've always loved playing Smash 64 and Melee at a more casual level. The main thing stopping me from getting into this game at a competitive level is the lack of visual and directional indicators on hit boxes. I played League of Legends for 6+ years competitively and am pretty bored of it now, but when I play SSBU I really miss the work Riot Games did to ensure visually impaired players stood a chance. Highlights around projectiles and disjointed hit boxes would be a blessing to some one like me, currently when I play against Snake I might as well be fighting a ghost. While they are at it, adding directional indicators for attacks that are about to be released would be great, but I would settle for animations that are more obvious as to what the character will be doing.

Tldr; I can't see a single thing Snake is doing and Bowser's forward smash makes him look up in the air and crouch down, how am I supposed to guess he is going to jump forward?

Top Bottom