• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virtual SD Backup

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Does anyone have a pre-built virtual sd .raw file of vanilla Project M 3.6, or a link to one? I'm stuck on Mac and all the tutorials making the .raw file are too complicated/written badly and there's no video tutorials. Thanks to anyone who can help.

JusesCrust

Smash Rookie
I'm on mac too, so I'll write you a better one. This is a good thing to know, since you can use it for any hackless mod.

1. Download this.

2. That done, unzip the file and find the folder labeled "OSX". There should be a file in there named mksdcard.

3. Open Terminal.

4. Drag mksdcard into the terminal window.

5. Type after it "1024M sd.raw" and press enter. Wait a second. This should create the sd.raw file in your home folder.

6. After it's done, type (or copy+paste)
hdiutil attach -imagekey diskimage-class=CRawDiskImage ~/sd.raw into the terminal window and press enter. You should see a drive appear on your desktop after a second.

7. Copy+paste all the hackless PM files into that drive.

8. Eject the drive.

9. Move the sd.raw you made to ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii. The Library folder I'm talking about is hidden by default, so to get to it, you have to open Finder, then click on the "Go" option in the menu bar, then hold option. Library should pop up, and once you click on that you'll be able to see it.

10. In Dolphin, make sure that cheats are off and that the "Insert SD card" option in the Wii config is checked.

11. In Dolphin, right click Brawl and choose "Set as default ISO".

12. Repeat these steps for Brawl Minus and play that instead.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I'm on mac too, so I'll write you a better one. This is a good thing to know, since you can use it for any hackless mod.

1. Download this.

2. That done, unzip the file and find the folder labeled "OSX". There should be a file in there named mksdcard.

3. Open Terminal.

4. Drag mksdcard into the terminal window.

5. Type after it "1024M sd.raw" and press enter. Wait a second. This should create the sd.raw file in your home folder.

6. After it's done, type (or copy+paste)
hdiutil attach -imagekey diskimage-class=CRawDiskImage ~/sd.raw into the terminal window and press enter. You should see a drive appear on your desktop after a second.

7. Copy+paste all the hackless PM files into that drive.

8. Eject the drive.

9. Move the sd.raw you made to ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii. The Library folder I'm talking about is hidden by default, so to get to it, you have to open Finder, then click on the "Go" option in the menu bar, then hold option. Library should pop up, and once you click on that you'll be able to see it.

10. In Dolphin, make sure that cheats are off and that the "Insert SD card" option in the Wii config is checked.

11. In Dolphin, right click Brawl and choose "Set as default ISO".

12. Repeat these steps for Brawl Minus and play that instead.
Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom