• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager teams is gonna be too powerful

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF BALANCED TO YOU?

I'm calling it right now, villager is gonna be that mid-low tier character in singles but S Tier in doubles if paired with another villager. Later in that stream M2K did the same thing with a tree and it was even more ridiculous. We learned that the tree has a sweet spot though.

:4villager:

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Also the villagers pocket multiply by 1.5-2 compared to the original projectile. I believe you can multiply up to two times.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Also the villagers pocket multiply by 1.5-2 compared to the original projectile. I believe you can multiply up to two times.
Just wait Gidy. This is only the start of the OP things found in SSB4.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
It seems that way. We may get more characters with OP potential as time goes on.
I do wonder if this is gonna be patched though, seeing as Nintendo will be hosting tourney's and this happening on stream would be bad. Plus they are more in touch with bug fixing nowadays.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I do wonder if this is gonna be patched though, seeing as Nintendo will be hosting tourney's and this happening on stream would be bad. Plus they are more in touch with bug fixing nowadays.
True. Not just that, but Nintendo has gotten tons better with online and patching things, so I see nerfs and buffs happening, but hopefully not at the right League of Legends does it.

Xeiros

Smash Cadet
Here's the thing you guys need to understand. Let's look at the actual step by step process in detail. Not that it's complicated mind you.

1. Fully charge a side smash. (This right here screams "Please punish me!" The tiniest hit or grab will instantly interrupt the charge and potentially start a combo. So you'll only be able to attempt set this up during the time period both players of the opposing team have been either incapacitated or forced far off the stage.)

2. In the window of time after the bowling ball is full charged, but before it vanishes, the other villager must pocket it. (This is a small window and requires both villagers to be close to one another in order to pull it off. Again, if either one of them is attacked during this, the setup will fail. It's easy to interrupt a process that leaves you so vulnerable to attack.

3. Use it. (Because it's both slower than other FS and a short ranged projectile to boot it can only be used in specific situations. It's still subject to a projectile's downsides, but lacks its largest advantage. That being range. Did you know for example that Rosalina can hit Megaman with his own FS which has properties not unlike Villager's FS?)

It's easy to set this up when no one is attacking/pressuring you. You'd need to be dominating and in control of the match just to get a chance at it. You think players are going to just sit there and let you fully charge a smash and not make you pay for it?

*Important note about the Villager's Pocket - Doug Bensimon -
It seems you lose the stored projectile if you take enough damage; enough damage being a small amount considering how easily Villager kept dropping that baseball bat I had stored.
So even if you do manage to pocket a powerful object, you have to be very careful or you'll lose it. The longer you hold onto said object, the higher the risk of losing it becomes. Considering this along with the the sheer level of vulnerability setting this combo puts you in, actually executing it against a competent team will be a daunting task.

Last edited:

TL?

Smash Ace
Villager teams being the best assumes that villager has the strongest projectile that can be pocketed which may or may not be true. If there exists a character with a projectile that is about the same power as bowling ball, but faster setup, then on paper the setup is even stronger than the double villagers. Remember pocket is useful for any projectile so I think villager has potential in teams with a lot of characters and not just double villager. Although, double villager does look pretty hype.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Here's the thing you guys need to understand. Let's look at the actual step by step process in detail. Not that it's complicated mind you.

1. Fully charge a side smash. (This right here screams "Please punish me!" The tiniest hit or grab will instantly interrupt the charge and potentially start a combo. So you'll only be able to attempt set this up during the time period both players of the opposing team have been either incapacitated or forced far off the stage.)

2. In the window of time after the bowling ball is full charged, but before it vanishes, the other villager must pocket it. (This is a small window and requires both villagers to be close to one another in order to pull it off. Again, if either one of them is attacked during this, the setup will fail. It's easy to interrupt a process that leaves you so vulnerable to attack.

3. Use it. (Because it's both slower than other FS and a short ranged projectile to boot it can only be used in specific situations. It's still subject to a projectile's downsides, but lacks its largest advantage. That being range. Did you know for example that Rosalina can hit Megaman with his own FS which has properties not unlike Villager's FS?)

It's easy to set this up when no one is attacking/pressuring you. You'd need to be dominating and in control of the match just to get a chance at it. You think players are going to just sit there and let you fully charge a smash and not make you pay for it?

*Important note about the Villager's Pocket - Doug Bensimon - So even if you do manage to pocket a powerful object, you have to be very careful or you'll lose it. The longer you hold onto said object, the higher the risk of losing it becomes. Considering this along with the the sheer level of vulnerability setting this combo puts you in, actually executing it against a competent team will be a daunting task.
Regular bowling ball has kill potential pocketed then it regularly would, so chances are you won't kill someone at 0% but 30% and so on is really likely.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
This is all assuming you can grab your teammate's items at all, Team Attack on/off could make this impossible.

Last edited:

!BSP

Banned via Warnings
If Villager can pocket PK flash, Ness/Villager will be beyond powerful.

A 2x knock back PK flash will probably OHKO.

A double damage PK flash will probably heal ness for at least 100%.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
With 2 rolls, you can get a spare in bowling. With one roll, a bowling Villager will spare no one.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Not to mention pocketing a bowling ball means you can release it further off stage
And with villagers limitless recovery, ..... need i say more?

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I'm not concerned with this as an application to doubles, but this is really interesting in that Sakurai would let this happen. I mean, I wonder if he's aware that Villager can do something like this with the bowling ball, tree, or most likely Ness' PK Flash. It's extremely situational and will probably never happen competitively, but casual players love things like this for the most memorable games. I'm definitely going to try to catch one of my friends in this.

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
People said the same thing about Zss/G&W and yes while they are very strong they never dominated the doubles scene. This wont either.
I don't think anyone is arguing that this will dominate the doubles scene.
I'd argue, though, that double villager is very strong. in the same way that Shaky + Nick Riddle's ZSS/Ness was one of the best teams in Brawl.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone is arguing that this will dominate the doubles scene.
I'd argue, though, that double villager is very strong. in the same way that Shaky + Nick Riddle's ZSS/Ness was one of the best teams in Brawl.
O well if thats the case then forgive my original post. I def do agree that with 2 solid players with great synergy double villager will be very scary. Hell villager teams in general is scary. Me and my friend are already thinking about Pacman/Villager team with Pacman's key!!!

Top Bottom