• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Pocket Aura Sphere Glitch - Instant Shield Break (no aura needed)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So there's a glitch I found (I doubt it's intentional) regarding Lucario's aura sphere and Villager's pocket

If you pocket Lucario's Aura Sphere, doesn't matter the charge it has, and launch it up close (about a jab's distance away, or closer) you will instantly break Lucario's shield.

Why is this a glitch, I feel?

1. It CANNOT be powershielded

2. An Aura Sphere, fully charged at low aura, from further away will simply do some damage to Lucario's shield.

VIDEO:

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So, it ignores charge (and I assume Aura as well)?
:196:
I was researching, and it seems that it CAN be powershielded (I just wasn't accounting for the frames it takes to release the pocketed projectile)

HOWEVER

It also works on characters, not just on shields.

It seems that if Villager releases Aura Sphere from Pocket, near an opponent, the damage SPIKES up (aura doesn't matter, charge does)

No charge, aura sphere will do 18 damage.

A bit of charge, and it will go to 29, then some more charge after that will keep increasing it in the 30s and 40s.

Full charge, will always do 47%, and kills Lucario at like 10% lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So if they're not right next to him, opponents won't take as much damage?
Interesting behavior there...
:196:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
If so many of Villager's AT's or glitches revolve around a certain position/time, then that means Villager was programmed very differently from the other characters.

This could mean that there is so much more undiscovered Mayor ATs. Imo, its a wise decision to tinker around with Villager more.

(Btw I discovered a new Villy AT. I'll post about it soon)

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
Villy does have a lot of weird ATs. On the bright side this isn't impossible like the one chop.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
This could be useful in 2v2... Have you tried it out with Lucario as a team mate on other characters?

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
If so many of Villager's AT's or glitches revolve around a certain position/time, then that means Villager was programmed very differently from the other characters.

This could mean that there is so much more undiscovered Mayor ATs. Imo, its a wise decision to tinker around with Villager more.

(Btw I discovered a new Villy AT. I'll post about it soon)
Did you know Villager can footstool immediately after of riding the Lloid into someone, just mash jump upon impact since they usually are right below you upon impact.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Did you know Villager can footstool immediately after of riding the Lloid into someone, just mash jump upon impact since they usually are right below you upon impact.
Yes. I tinker around in Training Mode aswell.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
At low percents you can downthrow into footstool...I havent really gotten anything yet but im still looking(Footstool into dair is guaranteed at any percent if you dair immediately)

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
At low percents you can downthrow into footstool...I havent really gotten anything yet but im still looking(Footstool into dair is guaranteed at any percent if you dair immediately)
I find it surprisingly easy to pull dthrow to footstool on :4peach::4kirby::4marth::4lucina::4alph: and :rosalina: if Luma isn't nearby.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Falling upair (sourspot) into footstool is easier :) cuz it sends them lower

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Chances are your not going to be villager vs rosa on purpose :l 90% of your moves are projectiles

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean Fair, bair, F-smash Side b, and Down b (Both watering can and tree) get ruined by gravitational pull .-. you might be a good villager but play a good rosa and you'll have nightmare for week .-.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Well I mean Fair, bair, F-smash Side b, and Down b (Both watering can and tree) get ruined by gravitational pull .-. you might be a good villager but play a good rosa and you'll have nightmare for week .-.
I need to release a video of the MU, hopefully against Dabuz or my Roomate.

Last edited:

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina plays in two different ways, both offensively and defensively. Both are absolutely HORRIBLE for villager

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Rosalina plays in two different ways, both offensively and defensively. Both are absolutely HORRIBLE for villager
IMO, the MU is 50-50, at worst 45-55 for Villager.

What you have to take into account, is that the MU is just as painful for us as it is for Rosa.

She dies at 30 to a bowling ball when trying to recover.

But as stated, this would be better brought up in the matchup thread.

Last edited:

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
True .-. I just feel that if rosa couldnt gravitational pull loid the matchup would be a lot easier for villager :/

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Just ride Lloid into her, she can't gravity pull it. (And if you see her about to jump over you while riding Lloid,

then just ditch it. At most you won't be punished and its safe on Luma and Shield.) Also here is one more

note, don't use regular Lloid in the MU as you're basically signaling Rosa to GravityPull before you throw out

slingshots or attempt to punish the little endlag that GravityPull has. At most just focus on slingshot and your

normals, be aware of her lingering hitboxes, and take any chance you get to get Luma offstage. It's really not that

hard.

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Falling upair (sourspot) into footstool is easier :) cuz it sends them lower
I think FF late or early upair (w/ 2 or 3 Turnips) to SH/FH upair is a true combo at mid to late percents. That's what it's saying in Training Mode. This is great for me considering my Turnips luck as i'm always getting 3's. One time I played a set where I got 3 Turnips 8 times in a row... lmao RNG.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Top Bottom