• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Patch Notes 1.1.0

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Figured we needed a thread for this!

Post your confirmed changes~ or speculations even, for more testing to be done.

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
The cooldown/startup on Villy's moves seems to be unchanged. At the very least his grab is as sucky as ever :dizzy:.

Im gonna be testing percentages on moves soon.

Comet Knight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.Y32
3DS FC
2208-6123-2254
The cooldown/startup on Villy's moves seems to be unchanged. At the very least his grab is as sucky as ever :dizzy:.

Im gonna be testing percentages on moves soon.
I've tested all the percents and they seem all the same to me, I'm not sure down to the tenth of a percentage but I know the whole numbers are the same to me. Someone else should probably check this too, just in case I am wrong.

You know what? I think Villager got even cuter.

overusedjoke.jpg
BUT, I can confirm this though. :chuckle::chuckle:

Unrelated to the patch (most likely), did you guys know Villager can do Jab 1 to Axe at high percents? And that it true combos at around 130% (needs to be buffered though) on Mario, and can kill him at 103% from center stage on Smashville in training mode? I tried this on a person first as a jab mix up and got a kill off it, and I just tested it on training mode.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Dataminers are saying that Villager was completely untouched. Yay, I guess?
We're missing articles (projectiles, for the most part) which make up like half of his moveset (dash attack, FSmash, USmash, FAir, BAir, Lloid, various Timber things) and there may be changes there.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
We're missing articles (projectiles, for the most part) which make up like half of his moveset (dash attack, FSmash, USmash, FAir, BAir, Lloid, various Timber things) and there may be changes there.
Thanks, didn't realize that! Excited to see what new information arises.

Accog

Smash Rookie
I dont have any proof of this but i noticed i get WAY less 3 turnip u-air's and d-air's. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS!?

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I'm pretty happy with the lack of patch notes for Villager, he seems to be in a very comfortable high tier spot that doesn't feel too strong but not too weak either. He's one of the characters they got just right from the get-go.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty happy with the lack of patch notes for Villager, he seems to be in a very comfortable high tier spot that doesn't feel too strong but not too weak either. He's one of the characters they got just right from the get-go.
The dthrow change and upb change were great decisions too imo. I wish they would do something about counter sappling but it looks like they aren't balancing customs anymore (at least atm).

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Zee pointed out on the Skype chat that although we're in a great position now, most everyone else is getting buffs in some form, while we're being almost unchanged. Although we're not directly moving down due to nerfs, the buffs of the characters around us are certainly impacting our position on the tier list.

I'm still really happy with where our character is at, though :)

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Well, yeah, but the majority of the characters in the game are arguably weaker than Villager, anyway. I absolutely don't mind other, weak characters getting stronger and providing a challenge. So far the patch notes have done more good than bad (with a few exceptions).

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Up B did NOT need that nerf xD

But hey, here's waitin for the projectile data xD

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Up B did NOT need that nerf xD

But hey, here's waitin for the projectile data xD
Thanks to ADHD and Captain Awesum, they nerfed it. I'm still salty about it cuz it's all due to the abuse of customs.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Thanks to ADHD and Captain Awesum, they nerfed it. I'm still salty about it cuz it's all due to the abuse of customs.
I really doubt it is, as it doesn't really hurt the custom villager by the ledge. Villager can easily use the nerfed up B just as Captain Awesome was doing it, still.

This only hurts a recovering Villager =P

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I really doubt it is, as it doesn't really hurt the custom villager by the ledge. Villager can easily use the nerfed up B just as Captain Awesome was doing it, still.

This only hurts a recovering Villager =P
I still think they're the reason. Regardless, it's bull that it was nerfed.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I still think they're the reason. Regardless, it's bull that it was nerfed.
I really doubt it. Otherwise, regular balloon trip would have been left alone.

And, right? lmao, it wasn't even that good xD

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I really doubt it. Otherwise, regular balloon trip would have been left alone.

And, right? lmao, it wasn't even that good xD
I think that because of Nintendo's stupid rationale in "balancing the game", they decided to "patch" all forms of it. No use crying anymore but I just wanted to state my case.

Top Bottom