• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager has a D-Throw into footstool - We Lucas NOW!

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
-=================================+==================================-
-=================================+==================================-
Alright so I feel this deserves its own topic as this basically rewards us for getting a grab at low %. After a little testing I found out this works on mostly floaties such as... :4yoshi::4mewtwo::4gaw::4kirby::rosalina::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4tlink::4ness:. Let's try and dig up all the

info we can and attempt to utilize this.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Alright so I feel this deserves its own topic as this has basically rewards us for getting a grab at low %. After a little testing I found out this is mostly on a short/small floaties such as... :4yoshi::4mewtwo::4gaw::4kirby::rosalina::4jigglypuff:. Let's try and dig up all the

I feel incredibly stupid for not remembering about Lloid in foot stool comboes

ty imma try and practice these later

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
This could work well with reading a getup from counter sapling at low % I guess :O

summerhays

Smash Cadet
trying this now in the lab, when i do the combo like the video they can still roll as a get up option even when i see them hit the floor after my second nair any ideas what im doing wrong?

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
trying this now in the lab, when i do the combo like the video they can still roll as a get up option even when i see them hit the floor after my second nair any ideas what im doing wrong?
If they can still input a get up option after being jablocked by a nair, then you're going for the nair too late. Remember, you have to fast fall while performing the nair.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Does This Work On 3DS.
Yeah, and it's actually easier on the 3DS since the button layout maps Y and B right next to eachother. So the flow from footstool to Lloid doesn't have to be buffered and can just be mashed.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Okay... this apparently works on :4marth: and :4lucina: too. Although, :4lucina:'s body is too flat so you're forced to go for a D-smash in place of the second Nair.

F1reants

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to practice this but haven't been very successful. At 0:08, I cannot successfully short hop nair after the jablock. Instead I short hop fair (because I'm trying to run forward and hit a) or I full hop nair and miss the opponent. I'm now trying to practice running short hop nairs but I just can't get the input right. Is there a required control configuration? Do I need tap jump on to buffer a jump? Thanks in advanced, I can't figure it out and it seems very simple ;-;.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
I've been trying to practice this but haven't been very successful. At 0:08, I cannot successfully short hop nair after the jablock. Instead I short hop fair (because I'm trying to run forward and hit a) or I full hop nair and miss the opponent. I'm now trying to practice running short hop nairs but I just can't get the input right. Is there a required control configuration? Do I need tap jump on to buffer a jump? Thanks in advanced, I can't figure it out and it seems very simple ;-;.
I use :GCR::GCY: then :GCA: when i go for SH Nairs. So in your case, it seems you just have an execution error and might want to practice SH Nairs a bit more. (Note: In the guide I actually did a SHFF Nair which is basically :GCR::GCY: then :GCA: then :GCD: in one swift motion.) If this is too difficult, then you can just settle for mapping the :GCCN: to attack then just angle it like this :GCCUR: or :GCCUL: to perform a Nair.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This is super interesting. At what percent does D-Throw into footstool stop working?

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
This is super interesting. At what percent does D-Throw into footstool stop working?
It seems past 10%, you'll have to predict the way they DI. Although, the true question is when does Nair stop Jab Locking? (It stops pretty early.)

Last edited:

FTF AGENT

Smash Rookie
Alright so I feel this deserves its own topic as this basically rewards us for getting a grab at low %. After a little testing I found out this works on mostly floaties such as... :4yoshi::4mewtwo::4gaw::4kirby::rosalina::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4tlink::4ness:. Let's try and dig up all the

Not to be the nay-sayer but this actually doesn't work...if you test this out against a level nine computer if will fail every-time. If you test this out against a human they can get up with a roll option or any get up and complete avoid the neutral air. I'm new to the villager thread but I have mained him pretty much since the diddy patch. Going to get into this villager thread a lot more, I have a lot of villager tech that no one has posted on any of these threads. But please go back and actually test this thoroughly it doesn't work...in general you have I believe 23 or 27 frames to jab lock someone once they hit the ground. I tried this on half the cast...I couldn't even connect ff down air...I will be making a tutorial soon, just got equipment.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Not to be the nay-sayer but this actually doesn't work...if you test this out against a level nine computer if will fail every-time. If you test this out against a human they can get up with a roll option or any get up and complete avoid the neutral air. I'm new to the villager thread but I have mained him pretty much since the diddy patch. Going to get into this villager thread a lot more, I have a lot of villager tech that no one has posted on any of these threads. But please go back and actually test this thoroughly it doesn't work...in general you have I believe 23 or 27 frames to jab lock someone once they hit the ground. I tried this on half the cast...I couldn't even connect ff down air...I will be making a tutorial soon, just got equipment.
No, no, no... I said this works only on Floaties (:4kirby::4yoshi::4wiifit:) when you thought it worked on the whole cast with a few exceptions as most characters (:4fox::4zss::4sheik:) fell to quick to start the jab lock.

(Also, just because you couldn't
pull of this simple combo doesn't mean it won't work, you might just be executing the commands too slow. So lets not go around debunking these type of things without solid proof alright.)

...AND WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE! :bluejump: ♪ WELCOME TO OUR HOUSE ♪ :bluejump:

Last edited:

FTF AGENT

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the welcome.

I'm not a idiot I read bro lol, but just go back and try again on a level 9 computer or on a human actually trying to escape and/or do a frame data analyses. For starters your to close to the ground, so they hit the ground to fast, you can't even act out of Lloyd in till at least frame 30 something...as the move activates around frame 53...but I'm not hear to argue just trying to inform you. Also if this was true it would work on fast fallers at higher percents like 20...I was able to footstool sheik around that percent after grab. But I mean it was a nice find regardless...I'm curious to hear if anyone else got it off but it looks like every one else had the same problem.Also you can sour spot up air into foot stoll at various percents...but only thing you can get is down air. Curious to see more videos of you doing this from a full view. I could be wrong, but I tried for hours on a bunch of charaters
No, no, no... I said this works only on Floaties (:4kirby::4yoshi::4wiifit:) when you thought it worked on the whole cast with a few exceptions as most characters (:4fox::4zss::4sheik:) fell to quick to start the jab lock.

(Also, just because you couldn't
pull of this simple combo doesn't mean it won't work, you might just be executing the commands too slow. So lets not go around debunking these type of things without solid proof alright.)

...AND WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE! :bluejump: ♪ WELCOME TO OUR HOUSE ♪ :bluejump:

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Thank you for the welcome.

I'm not a idiot I read bro lol, but just go back and try again on a level 9 computer or on a human actually trying to escape and/or do a frame data analyses. For starters your to close to the ground, so they hit the ground to fast, you can't even act out of Lloyd in till at least frame 30 something...as the move activates around frame 53...but I'm not hear to argue just trying to inform you. Also if this was true it would work on fast fallers at higher percents like 20...I was able to footstool sheik around that percent after grab. But I mean it was a nice find regardless...I'm curious to hear if anyone else got it off but it looks like every one else had the same problem.Also you can sour spot up air into foot stoll at various percents...but only thing you can get is down air. Curious to see more videos of you doing this from a full view. I could be wrong, but I tried for hours on a bunch of charaters
...I KNOW fast fallers hit the ground before you can throw out a Nair and you can't footstool past mid percent as they can mash any aerial to stump your footstool attempt. (That and you'd have to predict DI, something you don't have to do on Floaties at 0%) Also, I WAS testing this out on an actual person. I asked him to attempt to DI the down throw (-which has no difference in trajectory) and to mash a get up option as quick as possible once he hit the ground. D-Throw to Footstool to jab lock is confirmed after the footstool on FLOATIES! I don't know how I can be anymore clearer.

Last edited:

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Does This Work On 3DS.
Yeah, and it's actually easier on the 3DS since the button layout maps Y and B right next to eachother. So the flow from footstool to Lloid doesn't have to be buffered and can just be mashed.
3ds has been confirmed as the best controller. Rejoice @ Antonykun Antonykun !

Always knew Lucina was too flat lol!

GENIUS

Hey, welcome to the Villager boards! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Last edited:

Player-1

Smash Legend
pretty sure the only way you'd be able to confirm the nair reset after the side-b is if you're high enough in the air so that the opponent takes the near the max amount of time to fall to the ground to give you time to get there. I don't think d throw gives you that height.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
pretty sure the only way you'd be able to confirm the nair reset after the side-b is if you're high enough in the air so that the opponent takes the near the max amount of time to fall to the ground to give you time to get there. I don't think d throw gives you that height.
Yep, which only floaties can give you this height as stated.... 4 times... in this post. :crazy:

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
I feel this is a good time to quote what TheRealCartererer said in his :4lucas: 0 to Death video...

"I'm just making videos for the fun of it. I like to entertain and if some of you wish to be negative than go ahead just leave me out of it."

Last edited:
Top Bottom