• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vile - The Maverick Hunter's Nemesis for Smash DLC!

TheGraveKnight

Smash Rookie
(Keep in mind this is my first post so yeah it may be sloppy)

Now I'm not gonna lie this is probably a major longshot, but I think our favorite purple Boba Fett wannabe deserves his own chance in spotlight after so many years spent being relegated to being Sigma's lackey. I had originally wished for Zero to be in as a playable character but seeing as how he's been relegated to Assist Trophy status, this was my other hope for the X series to get a representative (and no Axl, you go back into your corner because you're not that interesting).

Introductions aside, I was trying to think of a good way to utilize Vile's abilities (seen mostly in the X games as well as the Vile Mode from the Megaman X remake, Maverick Hunter X) in his moveset and while I don't have any fancy artwork, I can list down what I have.

Note: Ammo Meter: In Maverick Hunter X's Vile Mode, Vile has a meter that fills up when not in use and drains when he is using his attacks. In Smash, this would still be present and when starting the match would have 15 units, for every 20% of damage Vile takes he gains 5 more units to his bullet meter (in Vile Mode it increases when Vile beats a Maverick but since that's not really possible here, go with me). Said meter would also reset upon death akin to Lucario's damage buff. Only Vile's specials (minus his Up Special) would consume the meter meaning that his basic jabs, smash attacks and all other moves are still viable. When not using a special move, Vile's Ammo Meter would restore 1 unit every few seconds.

Jab Attack: Like most Smash characters, he would retain the basic 1-2-3 punch combo although he ends the combo with a blast to the face from his shoulder-mounted cannon.

Dash Attack: A dashing shoulder-tackle, not much to say about it since that pretty much sums it up in it's entirety.

Neutral Special: Vile fires a barrage of bullets from his arm in the direction he is facing, can continue to fire if the B button is held down until his Ammo Meter depletes. (Consumes 1 units of Bullet Meter per second)

Side Special: Vile would fire a blast from his shoulder-cannon in the direction he is facing. This can also be performed in the air. (Consumes 3 units of Ammo Meter)

Down Special: Vile would fire a bomb from his knee that travels a short distance forward through the air then explodes upon contact with either the ground or an enemy. IF used in the air, Vile fires the bomb straight downwards. (Consumes 2 units of Ammo Meter)

Up Special: Vile activates the thrusters on his backpack to propel him into the air and after the initial burst, can be held down to slow his descent.

Final Smash: Vile initiates the Final Smash by firing a paralyzing bullet from his arm. If it connects with another enemy, they are transported to a boss arena from Megaman X where Vile will then rush up in his Goliath Ride Armor and grab them, pinning them to the wall. The ride armor will then punch the enemy about 8 times before throwing them to the ground, launching into the sky then landing on top of them which pins them to the ground. Vile leaps out of the Ride Armor and ends the Final Smash by firing a shoulder-cannon blast at the Ride Armor, blowing it up along with the poor soul stuck under it.

Other:

Costumes:
Purple/Default
Red/Zero
Light Blue/X
Black with Red Stripes/Axl
Pink/Alia
Light Green/Sigma
Vile Mk.2 (Image)
Vile Mk.5 (Image)

Assist Trophy: Velguarder (Image) will either chase enemies and try to bite them, breathe fire or fire bullets from it's tail.

Stage: Sigma Palace

Stage Hazards: Occasionally Wolf Sigma (Image) will rise up from the background and either fire lightning from the top and bottom of his hands, breathe fire across the room or slam one of his hands onto the ground.

So yeah, that's all there is to say so far. Lemme know what you guys think and feel free to give any feedback. And remember that Only I have the power to change the world! Hahahahahahaha!

Last edited:
Top Bottom