• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vids of my ganon

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
ive only got two up on youtube right now, but since i'm seeing all these other ganon vids in this section i figure i should contribute what i got. one video i did well, and one video not so well which means im not posting stuff that just makes me look good :]

critique, discuss, do whatever you please. if i get anything else recorded ill just add it to the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBtOFvGr-58 bad DI is rampant i know lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdPZ3vo7jk

orintemple

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what happened in that first match but you just didn't have it. Your movements and techniques in the second match were great though. I would need to see more but it seems you have a much better platform game then your friend. I think the biggest problem in the first match was that you mistimed a lot of stuff and on the second match you did everything spot on. It is easy to punish Ganon when he misses so Marth just took advantage of it like he should.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
okie doke here i goooooooooo!
1st match: not bad but you kinda looked lost in the way of i cant explain but i noticed it xD
2nd match: great job. you did everything right.

just sayin this but that marth plays kinda like mine o_0

Sparx

Smash Cadet
That's a sexy second vid. To me, seems like a whole different player than the other one, for some reason. The first one was not as unforgiving (in terms of punishment) as the other one. It's probably because of the nice platform game you have there. All in all, first vid was a little disoriented, and the second one was spot on.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
yeahh whenever i play against marth on fd its kind of hard to approach for me. i do much better on platform stages.

most of the time ganon spaces in the air, but when i do that against marth i end up getting tipped all over the place.

i guess tips on how to deal with characters who have long dash dances would be useful, cause once ganon gets grabbed by top tier hes pretty much screwed

i know its kind of hard to gauge skill with such contrasting vids, but when i get new ones ill put them up. thanks for the comments so far :]

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
yeahh whenever i play against marth on fd its kind of hard to approach for me. i do much better on platform stages.

I used to have the same problem on FD. I have learned that empty short hops and wavedashing out of shield is the most useful things you can do. Fighting a WOP style works for me because ganons bair will either go through marths aerials or it will be a trade of hits.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you have a solid Ganon. I have a few things i liked about your style, and a few things you could improve on (if you have improved on some of these tactics since then, just ignore them :D )

Match 1

-Very good use of the Jab, U-throw, and Bair at times.
-Good choice to use the D-throw in most cases for its combo'ing ability.

Improvements
-This marth seems a bit c-stick happy at times. If you can mindgame him into an Fsmash, you could punish him with a SHFFL'd Fair or Diar, which may lead to either a kill/edge guarding opportunity, or a combo opportunity.
-Be very careful with your Nair, Over-B, and your Dash Attack, especially against someone with such a good grab game (and combo ability) as marth.
-Practice ledge techs from marth's Fsmash (and Dair, although this one is more difficult).

Match 2

-Nice avoidance of the spike at 0:45
-Nice Uair for the kill at 0:57
-Great downward F-tilt FTW
-Nice JC grabs at times

Improvement
-Try to avoid smash attacks versus fast players/players with good range. Since marth has both of these, it may be best to stick to you faster moves and those with considerable range (Jab, F-tilt, Bair, Uair).

Overall, nice Ganon. Your technical skill is great.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
really appreciate all the comments =]

as for those couple of forward smashes in match 2, i thought i had the spacing but i guess i didnt :p

and yeah on fd im probably gonna work on WOP'ing with the bair. spacing fair doesnt seem to work as much. honestly though, i really wonder if he countered by accident at the end of match 1. who over b's from the ledge :[

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
id like to subscribe to you, but i dont want all the vids of your falco/others.
you should put your name in your tag

Top Bottom