• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Editting Question

Dibs

Smash Lord
I was wondering if there are any other actual video makers here on SWF. Excluding, you know, the combo videos. I mean actual movies with people in them. All I'm using is a Mac and iMovie and I was wondering if someone knew of a way to clone myself in the movies so I can appear twice in the same scene with myself.

SiD

Smash Master
You have to use a tripod to keep the camera in the same spot, and then crop the videos so they line up next to each other. Just make sure you don't overlap yourself.

Here's a video of mine that shows some effects we have done, including cloning myself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f2mjewtrWrQ

Dibs

Smash Lord
Wow, those effects are pretty amazing. How long did it take you to learn?

Dibs

Smash Lord
Another question, would after effects be able to produce a white letterbox? All I've been using is iMovie and it only makes a black letterbox.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, you can with after effects. You should be able too with iMovie too, just put a picture of a white bar over top of the black letterbox.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Yeah, you can with after effects. You should be able too with iMovie too, just put a picture of a white bar over top of the black letterbox.
Is there a tutorial I can follow that will show me how? I don't really understand how you said to do it.

SiD

Smash Master
Well I haven't actually used iMovie, but I assume there is more than one layer so you can put stuff on top. So just put a white box on top and move it up to cover the black lines. I don't know about a tutorial.

Top Bottom