• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video critique thread

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
  • Maybe there was another one of these at one time or another but I scoured the board and couldn't find one. Anyway I'll open one up.
Post your videos and offer constructive specific criticism AND things you believe they did a good job on so they know to keep doing it.

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
So my advice may not mean much to you since I've posted here like 3 times and have no credibility but...

I would definitely recommend learning to platform missile cancel. On battlefield, just SH onto the platform, shoot a weak missile asap after the SH, fall through, shoot a strong missile, and repeat. Look at Esam's missile guide in this forum for missile cancel greatness. This will help a lot w your pressure, keep you from having to approach DK (which is bad), and if nothing else can productively fill the time when he is up in the air and you kind of just stand around waiting for him to fall (like at 0:52, 1:15, 3:58). Also, practice taunt cancelling your ice/fire switches if you plan on doing it mid-match and dont throw out so many random dash attacks as follow ups or approach attempts, there usually is a better option.

And like pooch posted above, may want to check out his video thread for critiques in the future.

Litt

Samus
  • Maybe there was another one of these at one time or another but I scoured the board and couldn't find one. Anyway I'll open one up.
Post your videos and offer constructive specific criticism AND things you believe they did a good job on so they know to keep doing it.
Here is what I have to say about your style and what happened in that match, all of it wont be constructive b/c well you just did stupid **** in places where it shouldnt have worked, your entire style of play is just going for reads... and most of the time... not small reads either. You play under the assumption that you always must approach your opponent or that you opponent will always be approaching you, and b/c of that mind set you got donkey fisted hard and lost. Here is the constructive part, learn to change between a smaller compacted game of tilts and jabs to when that neutral game is broken for making harder more solid reads when you know your opponent is on the defensive and instead of just blindly guessing and throwing out moves. Learn to move bettter in and out of your shield, and learn to lock your opponent in. Last but not least, you are new here, and made the claim there were no other video critque threads, so you must made one yourself... cmon bud take 2 min to look around and find it, next the setting of conduct rules, if you played like ****, who cares if someone tells it to you like that, or walks you through it step by step holding your hand along the way... dont let context hinder content

Last edited:

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Here is what I have to say about your style and what happened in that match, all of it wont be constructive b/c well you just did stupid **** in places where it shouldnt have worked, your entire style of play is just going for reads... and most of the time... not small reads either. You play under the assumption that you always must approach your opponent or that you opponent will always be approaching you, and b/c of that mind set you got donkey fisted hard and lost. Here is the constructive part, learn to change between a smaller compacted game of tilts and jabs to when that neutral game is broken for making harder more solid reads when you know your opponent is on the defensive and instead of just blindly guessing and throwing out moves. Learn to move bettter in and out of your shield, and learn to lock your opponent in. Last but not least, you are new here, and made the claim there were no other video critque threads, so you must made one yourself... cmon bud take 2 min to look around and find it, next the setting of conduct rules, if you played like ****, who cares if someone tells it to you like that, or walks you through it step by step holding your hand along the way... dont let context hinder content
you know its interesting that the part of this post you considered the least constructive was the part that was actually constructive. The rest was unwarranted advice. I asked how to improve my samus play. I get that I screwed up and made a duplicate thread sry m8. Also I didn't lose, I probably shouldn't have won but I didn't lose. Thanks for your time anyway.

Top Bottom