• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Capture Device?

Att1cus

Woof woof
I'm looking to pick up a video capture device/streaming add-on that is compatible with the Wii. I'm ready to drop $150-$200 on one but I want to make sure that I'm buying the right thing. Experienced streamers please reply!

Also if I buy a capture device for Wii I'd like it to also be compatible with the WiiU for when SSB4 drops.

Thanks in advance everybody!

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Well, depending on what kind of quality you want, you could get a capture device/software for much cheaper than 150 dollars. I personally use a Dazzle which cost right around 50 dollars, and the quality is decent enough to not complain. If you want to get into more pricey options located in the range you have given, I would recommend either an HD PVR, or an Elgato. Both are viable options that give very comparable results in terms of video quality. HD PVR is probably the more popular option of the two, but I do know that the Elgato still does work and shouldn't be dismissed. All three of these options are compatible with the Wii U and all three come with video editing software.

Anttran

Smash Rookie
I had the same question and narrowed it down to the Elgato game capture HD or the avemedia live gamer portable or avermedia game capture hd 2. Ended up getting the Elgato only because everyone said the software is better and it available for Mac which the others are not. But the avermedia quality is slightly better. They both look amazing tho.

Top Bottom