• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video camera problems! needs GEEK SQUAD

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I have a video-camera, it comes with the av component cables (red, white, yellow). The ywork fine, for instance when i record something i can play it back on a Tv, projector etc.
It has a memory card slot, but i THINK its only for pictures. And it has a USB. Now the usb plugs into the VC and into the usb port on the computer. But when i plug into my computer nothing happens, i have no idea what to do. And yes the usb ports work, i chrage my ipod, sync with my phone, printer, etc. But when i put the VC's nothing happens, i would expect the pop up box with what i would like to do, like when you insert a memory card, and it says see files etc.

So who has any idea on what i can do, or if there is some type of replacement cable or anything. any ideas!

it is a JVC DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER

please help

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
JVC Everio HDD? If so, you must install the CD software you got with it. Then right click my computer, click manage. Then, click storage or disk management. This will show all harddrives, cd/dvd drives, and should show up your JVC as well. If it is a harddisk camera (as I believe it is) then it should show up. If its a 20 gig, it will be about 20.4 on the management, or if its a 30gig, it will be aboout 31.1 When you find it, right click and select change drive letter. Change this to a free letter not in use (such as "R" or "L". Now check my computer and see if you can see it! It will act as a harddrive. Open the hdd, and open the private_SD folder and open PRG001 to see your movie files.

Email me or add me on messenger for more help =).

BTW I have a JVC Everio 20gig that has been tested with XP and vista, so that is not the problem.

Top Bottom