• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victras Poll In My Face

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I'm ditching the entire smash world except for the Fellowship Of The Okanagan for the next 2 months. Febuary and March are going to be massive project months through music and other things. In that time, I need 2 characters to 'main', as I main a different character every month.

Fawcon, Mawio, Pika, Wuigi, Jigwy and Flaco in that order so far. I have 1 more week of Flaco then I must move on.

Which character do you think would be easy enough to pick up without playing too much and be helpful to the FotO towards getting better in the meantime.

Samus, Yoshi, ICs and Fox, I want to save for afterwards as they either suck (and I have what are considered 'bad' characters already) or take too much technically to improve without playing at least more than twice over the course of these months (I won't be practicing at all otherwise either).

So...
1. Ganon
- I don't really like this character, but he'll be hella easy to pick up and could easily teach the locals about hardcore spacing and force them to finish combos since they have no exp against this lug of crap and I'll need to main him one day anyway.

2. Sheik
- Probably was my best character before I started this maining thing, helps since she is the best character, not too hard to pick up again even after so long of not playing her and there are a couple locals that play her so that could help them as well.

3. Peach
- Nobody uses her here so it'll give the locals a bit of exp as they never see it, the technical stuff behind her is a little tricky but I had it at one point so she's really a safe and basic pick as it won't be too difficult to figure her out again and she's fun.

4. Doc
- I already use Mario, and there's a local Doc that's coming along well, especially this last month so this could be a good kickstart. Could be annoying if I get mixed up with Mario stuff but it'll be pretty easy to convert the way I navigate with him.

5. Marth
- There's one locally and 2 more of them are picking him up as a 2nd character too. My 2nd best character at one point next to Sheik, and they could probably really use the help of seeing him to learn from over the first stages of them learning him.

Edit: 6 (kind of) Samus
- Mine can manage and it'll be really easy to get into form and there's one here that always requests I use her for matches randomly so he can see it. Easy character technically as I have what I need to do her already and won't need to play much.

Keep in mind, I'm only gonna play smash MAYBE 5 times over those 2 months. So roughly 10 hours MAXIMUM. Probably more around 5 hours in this 1/6th of a year Feb/March. I've gone through long gaps of no smash before, but I'll also be absent from smashboards and so on... with nobody else coming here to play either.

I've really got to focus on Falco to get him into shape over the next week. After that, I'll have 2 to 5 chances to get 2 characters to a high level...

I have a clear idea on how to do it with all of them, know what it looks like and should feel like, it's just a matter of time constraints as I'll be playing barely ever...and the locals are excelling and need to keep that up in my absence too.

I'm gravitation towards those 5
I can't get as good as I need to with all 5 in this time, it's simply too much. My rule is 1 a month, and it's 2 months I have to do this so I'm combining them...

Thoughts?

Also I need a 16th character to pick up after they're all done...not sure who, cause everyone else sucks in the game. But I guess I need a low tier one day when all these aren't low tier anymore. :p

Top Bottom