• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Very annoying thing with Lucas tether

CGod

Smash Cadet
When I'm offstage, I use magnet to change my direction so I can tether but it doesn't tether instead I just airdodge and its annoying. How can I fix this

R-Magic

Smash Rookie
Yeah you can cancel air dodge with zair, so just start an air dodge then immediately input zair

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
midair, when you buffer a Zair input, it will always come out as an airdodge. like everyone else said, you can AD and cancel with Zair or you can wait out magnet lag and then Zair.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah for some reason there's a window of frames after you air dodge from magnet where you CAN'T immediately tether. I've come across this, too, and thought it was weird. Although... if you're close enough to tether after magnet you're probably risking getting punished during the end lag anyway.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
You can DJ and immediately after use the tether to avoid that window of frames, but be careful to don't get hit while using your DJ

Top Bottom