• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ventrilo server

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
Hi, i have a ventrilo server that you guys can use for talking ( for anyone that knows what it is).
And for anyone that is familar with using a vent server and want to use it for talking when fighting online go ahead

Host/Ip: 65.92.71.143
Port: 3784
password: wow

edit: me and my friends mostly use it for dotaing but there are other channels you guys can use like the SSB channel ( u guys can also dota with us :D)

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Skype is better. :p

Yeah... not really necessary for this game... The most use it'd be is to talk to your teammate in a 2v2, but the game's way to fast paced more and about improvising on the spot. And the last thing I want in a smash game is for some twelve year-old to cuss me out after losing.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

Yeah... not really necessary for this game... The most use it'd be is to talk to your teammate in a 2v2, but the game's way to fast paced more and about improvising on the spot. And the last thing I want in a smash game is for some twelve year-old to cuss me out after losing.
HEY!! IM 13! So i can cuss u out after losing to u XD

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
BHLMRO usually older = high expectation of mental maturity. :p

Hey Dash, how was the cybering on the vent servers? wink wink.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord

Skype is DEFINATLY not better. anymore then 3 people in a conversation in skype and it goes to complete ****.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
It was a generic push for Skype because I think it's the best instant messenger out there. :p I think a lot of people pass it off as a voice chat program and never get around to using the actual instant messenger part of it. Vent is better for many users. But that doesn't matter if you only need to talk to your teammate does it?

Moocow007

Smash Ace
i'd use it. it'll make playing online more fun when you can talk with people and not have to type everything or concentrate solely on the match.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
well you can also use this thread to set up matches with one another and use the vent server if you want. But I don't think it'll be too laggy unless at that instance you were using it when my sister was whoring the internet. I mean I was easily able to manage hosting a WC3 game and a vent server without lag so I'm pretty sure a couple of people that occasionally use it will come to appreciate it more.

edit: ill try to keep it up as much as possible so don't worry about not being able to connect. and metroid, where do you live? that may have affected your ping. I live in ON, CA.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I probably just set something up wrong, I don't usually use vent. I dunno why that would effect it but it probably did.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
so why would my internet be a problem when I have the fastest home connection you can buy?

I use vent for another online game. My ping in that room is usually fine. In this one it was hitting 500. Don't think its internet.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
yeah i checked where you guys lived, i think one of you guys lived in DC and the other in california. But yeah then maybe its location...

edit: my friends that live closer to me have >100 ping

Top Bottom