• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vectoring's gone, horiz. blast boxes reduced, ceilings RIDICULOUSLY LOW. 3-stock standard?

3 or 2 Stock Tourney Standard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AccountsDept

Smash Cadet
the loser's portrait on the victory screen
NNID
Xeno
This thread specifically addresses the Wii U version as it's the stages that seem most prevalent in the examples I've stated.

My main, or, really, only problem with Smash 4 from a gaming standpoint is that the kill rate is ridiculously low. It was like watching a very physics defying game of Soccer. I'm serious. It takes much too long for people to die and kill % is around 180%. Or, should I say was, because vectoring's gone and the Wii U version's stages are, well, much smaller when it comes to blast boxes.

From the online matches i've seen the kill % for most things have been reduced to around 120%, and I've been killed, not gimped, but outright knocked the **** off the stage at percents around 70% with certain moves. And, I'm not talking about like, Ganondorf's Elbow or Bowser's Side-Smash here, I'm talking about standard moves used by most of the cast.

This is no doubt a positive development for two reasons -

1) The Game will be a much more entertaining spectator sport. 3DS Tournaments remained heavily boring, but I can already see with the graphical updates and game pace improved that won't be the case with the "real" deal Wii U version.

2) We may be able to change the standard to 3-Stock.

I was in full support of the 2-Stock format for FG and tournaments as the game took so goddamn long, but now I'm thinking the matches are ending too fast, almost. I'm not in full support of either, I just want to see what you guys think.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
The physics are largely and likely exactly the same, the blastboxes are smaller (especially vertical ones)

This particular sect is irrelevant. The question was weather these changes warrant 3 stocks.
They aren't the same because you can't hold down to survive anymore which was part of the physics

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Again, exactly the same as the 3DS post 1.0.4.

And, again, this isn't quite the thing we're supposed to be debating in the thread.
Oh, okay. Sorry, got confused for a second.

I'm in for 3 stocks, anyway.

LightLV

Smash Ace
IMMEDIATELY noticeable in Wii-U matches. People actually die now. The amount of "What, you lived?!" is drastically lower, in fact I don't think it even happened in our release binge matches.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Are blastzones confirmed to be smaller or does it only feel that way because of the removal of vertical vectoring? I mean I've been dying ridiculously early to Megaman shoryuken as DK (as in 70-80%), and there are a lot of "I thought that wouldn't kill me, it wouldn't have on 3DS" instances.

Flamecircle

Smash Apprentice
Definitely feels like the side blastzones are smaller. Should be really easy to test- use ganon's punch at the edge of FD. I'll do it later if someone else doesn't.

Edit: Done.

3ds: 42% death.
WiiU: 32% death.

Sweetspot ganon sparta kick kills at 104% with rage on the wiiU, and 112% on the DS.

Ganon dtilt kills at 121% on the wiiU, and 126% on the 3ds.
So yes, they're smaller. Is 10% significant when scaled with warlock punch? Hopefully someone better with smash numbers can tell us.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's significant. Some combos after throws now kill. Lightweights are even more difficult to be consistent with such decreased survivability.

Last edited:
Top Bottom