• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vBrawl Movehacks Discussion

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
So I was playing around with some hacks from Bawl Vault that set a lot of Falco's moves back to their Vanilla Brawl iterations (not the shine, everyone loves the Melee shine) for Project: M. I understand that the PMBR put him back to Melee because he was, to put simply, better in just about every regard than vBrawl Falco - I mean it shows, with the vBrawl moveset, in about every match I had with my friend I was being woefully outclassed by him (with just about any character he picked), and we're on fairly even ground as it is.
we proceeded to try out another that boasted overall buffs to the vBrawl moves - the moves were faster, some slightly stronger, but still with the Melee shine (man, these people have their priorities straight). Both myself and my friend proceeded to swap back and forth between this buffedbrawl moveset and the PM Melee one, and while there were some noticeable differences (loooots of multi hit shenanigans), I have to say the overall game Falco presented with both felt pretty similar. That, and a bonus that it was kind of nice to have major cosmetic differences from Fox with his attacks.

with Project: M being a hack that boasts taking the best parts of Smash and meshing them together in Melee's environment, one of the few things I like Brawl for was attempting to drive clone characters further from their base, even if that hurt more than helped in some cases. Now that I've seen that after some adjusting, Falco's vBrawl moves are perfectly viable here, I can't help but feel a bit salty over the preference his Melee moves were given - I get that there's preference in it's function, but I dunno, it just seems like a really good opportunity to mesh the two slipped by.

thoughts? opinions?

Top Bottom