• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Varying perfect pivots lenghts?

Dvg

Smash Rookie
I've been learning to perfect pivot kind of recently and noticed that the lenghts sometimes vary. Sometimes I will slide further than average, and sometimes a lot less far. After testing I seemingly found atleast 3 different lenghts, with the middle one occurring the most. I don't know what causes this.

Is the varying lenght just random or is it just a product of slightly differently inputting a perfect pivot? Anyone with more info on this would be appreciated!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The longer you wait before turning, the further you'll slide. Run forward more, slide forward more.

Dvg

Smash Rookie
So the trick would be performing a perfect pivot as slowly as possible to get the furthest slide? How many frames do you have to input the dash back to turn it into a perfect pivot?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's been over a year since I've looked at this stuff, iirc it's either 3 frames or 5.

Dvg

Smash Rookie
Ive tested it a little more and have gotten atleast 6 (slightly) different positions I end up after perfect pivoting from the ledge of a platform. So either im misunderstanding or some of your information must be wrong?

Dvg

Smash Rookie
Yes, I've only tested on the right platform of battlefield, by walking to the edge until the ''almost fall off'' animation happens, then perfect pivoting to the left with captain falcon.

There's lot's of detail on the battlefield platform so its very easy to see small differences in where you end up.

Top Bottom