• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Various Questions

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Hi, this is my first thread here. I've been lurking these forums for a long time. I've already done some SSBB hacking, at least in the way of textures, movesets, and music. Still getting a hold of things that I'm not so good at.

I know how to use BrawlBox and the usual assortment of tools, so I hope this doesn't get locked counting as "BrawlBox" questions. These are more specific questions I can't find answers for, not in any thread or tutorial.

The first I guess would be dealing with the dae files that BrawlBox exports. I read on one of these tutorials that only 3ds Max can work with them, Blender cannot (which is obvious, I've tried it of course and it spits out errors). Problem is I hate 3ds Max and can't even get enough time online anyway to download it. I just found this though:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=10775855&siteID=123112
Which is a converter by Autodesk that converts dae to other formats. I was wondering if it could be used as the middleman for getting models back and forth between BrawlBox and Blender.

Another has to do with BrawlBox handling sounds in brsar or other files that pack sounds. It refuses to play anything and exporting the sounds results in some "can't initialize" error and it leaves behind an empty wav file. I have searched high and low for a solution to this but it doesn't appear anyone in the world has this problem and thus a solution doesn't exist. What in the world is going on? Is there at least something else that can can extract/insert sound files?

I cannot find any information on using Brawl hacks via Dolphin. The file replacement code requires an SD card, and Riivolution needs to be run via Homebrew Channel, neither of which are possible to access in Dolphin (as far as I know). How can I use hacks in Dolphin? Also, is there a way to replace files in the ISO itself? Dolphin can export files from the ISO but does not appear to be able to replace files.

And the last major question I have is hacking stages. I can't find tutorials anywhere, all searches turn up "changing textures in stage builder" and what not. I want to model new stages entirely and use them in game. I've seen it done dozens of times now, there's a zillion custom stages at Brawl Vault, how in gods name is there no information anywhere on how to do it?

I would greatly appreciate help with any of these questions.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Also, is there a way to replace files in the ISO itself? Dolphin can export files from the ISO but does not appear to be able to replace files.
You can easily extract and replace files with a program called WiiScrubber. Google it up!

And the last major question I have is hacking stages. I can't find tutorials anywhere, all searches turn up "changing textures in stage builder" and what not. I want to model new stages entirely and use them in game. I've seen it done dozens of times now, there's a zillion custom stages at Brawl Vault, how in gods name is there no information anywhere on how to do it?
Edit the stgedit fles to your liking.

(X/wii/app/rsbe/pf/stage/melee)

:phone:

Top Bottom