• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Value off of grabs

toothb

Smash Rookie
So I'm quite new to Ganon, but I find him loads of fun to play. I learned to play melee by playing shiek, but I switched to Ganon; because I just love him and how he plays.

I wanted to know anybodies ideas on how to get some more value off of my grabs. I would like to know how to better utilize my grabs (other than the chaingrabs) on the top 5, or just in general. I usually find myself just trying to get a uair off of a down or up throw, and if I throw them onto a platform, I find I can usually go for a read and hit them with the upsmash on stages with platforms. I kinda want to know how to get the most value out of a grab, other then the single hit of uair, or any suggestions for setups with grabs if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So I'm quite new to Ganon, but I find him loads of fun to play. I learned to play melee by playing shiek, but I switched to Ganon; because I just love him and how he plays.

I wanted to know anybodies ideas on how to get some more value off of my grabs. I would like to know how to better utilize my grabs (other than the chaingrabs) on the top 5, or just in general. I usually find myself just trying to get a uair off of a down or up throw, and if I throw them onto a platform, I find I can usually go for a read and hit them with the upsmash on stages with platforms. I kinda want to know how to get the most value out of a grab, other then the single hit of uair, or any suggestions for setups with grabs if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.
It really depends on the matchup that you are getting the grab in. Which matchups specifically are you looking for grab follow-up advice on?

toothb

Smash Rookie
It really depends on the matchup that you are getting the grab in. Which matchups specifically are you looking for grab follow-up advice on?

Probably spacies. In my area, there are alot of falco's specifically/

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Probably spacies. In my area, there are alot of falco's specifically/
I think there is actually a good bit of info on grab follow ups on space animals in my Golden Nuggets thread. If you can't find anything there, just let me know!

Top Bottom