• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uthrow->fair

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
I have seen people connect this followup but whenever I do it most players have time to airdodge or nair. Should a quick double jump be used or a fullhop to get this combo to work? (I know it mostly works on fastfallers)

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Eh, you have to be really quick about it. I honestly don't use it as I'm also usually unsuccessful in pulling it off, I go more for B-Throw to still-not-guaranteed weak hit of dash attack because the opponent then has to get back on the ground with a giant Bowser in the way. Sure the damage isn't as good but it's something else. U-Throw is still an option, but I use it bait the opponent more.

Totally contradicts everything said on the boards but it's worked pretty damn well.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Up air to f-air requires you know how to buffer your first jump and when to time the f-air. You can do a single jump to f-air at low percents and double jump f-air at mid-upper percents. Buffer the first jump by pressing jump right after the "POW!" sound. F-air and double jumping F-air timing will vary.

When using back throw, keep in mind that a successful short hop f-air afterwards can be a useful set-up and a good alternative to dash attack against players that like to jump.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've never been able to land this successfully, though I have no problem with ROB's beep-boop and gotten the ding-dong plenty of times. /shrug

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
I do uthrow to fair multiple times a match, I basically just mash jump as the animation finishes, and throw a fair. I've had trouble doing it consistently without double jumping - even using the air jump as soon as Bowser is off the ground, he accelerates up faster with the air jump than the ground one. And you want to be getting up there as fast as possible. With the way some people DI on for glory it looks like a guaranteed combo sometimes. Depending on DI you may want to go for a uair instead, by the way.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've since managed to pull it off a few times.

If only we could do it around 100%...

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
If your opponent di's into you for whatever reason you can get an uair on some characters at 0% for like 2% more damage than fair O: O: O:

Top Bottom