• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usmash : Surprisingly efficient vs. Metaknight

brg

Smash Ace
We can never have enough tricks vs metaknight so heres some more:

efficient tricks with usmash

1. Crappy/forced recovery bmove: if you can catch him out of a missed tornado, side b or up b, dash->usmash will send him flying

2. Platforms. Force him to approach by air with ftilts and waddles, and time this right under a platform.

Usmash basically outranges metaknight by very very little, but I think it does. Plus it covers alot of space, so i think its a very good move to use everyonce in a while (so that he doesnt expect it) when mk tries to sh aerial you

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Up Smash's value over Up Tilt is its range so it's pretty much that. Fact you can charge it to time a hit better doesn't hurt either. I think while Up Tilt is all around more useful I don't agree with the notion some seem to have that it completely overshadows Up Smash altogether either, I think UpSm has its distinct uses like that as well.

brg

Smash Ace
Up Smash's value over Up Tilt is its range so it's pretty much that. Fact you can charge it to time a hit better doesn't hurt either. I think while Up Tilt is all around more useful I don't agree with the notion some seem to have that it completely overshadows Up Smash altogether either, I think UpSm has its distinct uses like that as well.
yes of course ill use utilt vs usmash to almost 10 to 1 ratio, but when you pull off a good usmash out of nowhere, it hurts

Top Bottom