• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usmash chain?

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I was practicing Alt grabbing, (finally had a break through yay!) and as to not fry my brain I was messing around seeing what tilts and smashes did to a grabbed opponent (Ike in this case) and I did a charged usmash with Nana. Ike was released from the grab but came back down pretty fast and I was able to grab him again.

I'm sure DIing would get someone out of this, but I'm still experimenting.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Do you have a video of some kind to show us? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see how it works for you. I can imagine this chain would only work at low percentages for obvious reasons.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Do you have a video of some kind to show us? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see how it works for you. I can imagine this chain would only work at low percentages for obvious reasons.
ya I think we need a video...if you want, you can give me your wii number and send me a replay or something, and I'll put the video up?

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'll make a replay right now. I can either post the bin or exchange Wii numbers.

Edit: Yeah it really only works for about one throw. But it does some nifty damage.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You grabbed him from this hitstun, actually happens a lot and some people do it on purpose.

Back in Melee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKjIyLBlbyU&feature=related

Notice how he grabs his partner after he was hit by Rest.

I misread the OP.

This is just bad DI.

Did you know Link's utilt can spike? So long as they DI straight down... >.> not very likely. (Same with Sheiks utilt sometimes, and some other moves)

DI affects certain moves strangely...

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
You grabbed him from this hitstun, actually happens a lot and some people do it on purpose.

Back in Melee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKjIyLBlbyU&feature=related

Notice how he grabs his partner after he was hit by Rest.

I misread the OP.

This is just bad DI.

Did you know Link's utilt can spike? So long as they DI straight down... >.> not very likely. (Same with Sheiks utilt sometimes, and some other moves)

DI affects certain moves strangely...
Like I said I found this out in training mode and I'm sure even a CPU could DI out of it.

Top Bottom