• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Thunder to escape a combo?

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
The reason I'm asking this is because I remember last night in a For Glory 1v1 Match, Pikachu ditto-
HEY, GREEN HEADBAND, IF YOU ARE OUT THERE READING THIS, YOU ARE REALLY GOOD.

We taunted in the begging of each match.
This Pikachu just knew how to get out of my Up-Airs so easily.

What happened was during the match, I Up-Air'd him twice, the first one connected but the second one seem to be slightly off enough for him to use a move, and he must of been spamming his Thunder or something to get out because it appeared twice. Like 4 seconds apart. I don't recall him using any other attack than Thunder at the time (I may not sound too clear on this, I mean he used it once, he didn't use Thunder all the time.).
This caught me off guard as I didn't think you could use Thunder for an escape like that.

So what I want to know is:

Is this completely situational?

Is it because the Thunder comes out on the second frame or something?

Or is the Pikachu I faced better than me. Because he totally was...

I didn't record it like a dummy... Can anyone re-create it for me somehow? I don't have anyone to lab with, really. :i6rkW:

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Thunder comes out on frame 2 so it can be used as sort of a combo breaker. It's not something you always want to do though. Sometimes your opponent will expect this and wait for you to thunder then get a big punish on you.

If you have any more questions, please use the Q&A thread instead of making new threads for small questions like this.

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
Thunder comes out on frame 2 so it can be used as sort of a combo breaker. It's not something you always want to do though. Sometimes your opponent will expect this and wait for you to thunder then get a big punish on you.

If you have any more questions, please use the Q&A thread instead of making new threads for small questions like this.
I couldn't find the Q&A page. :urg: I'm too familiar with the whole site layout.

Last edited:
Top Bottom