• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

using the wii u for the new smash bros

should nintendo make the wii u the only unsaleable controller for the new smash bros

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet
i think thast the gameplay shouldent be revolved around the wii u mostly because i think its going to throw off the main gameplay like the wii u is like big as hell and it shouldent be like the only main way to play nintendo should add it to the different gameplay style

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is 1 thing i am 100/ certain they wont do so im not scared/worried at all.

Also welcome to dry no news troll boards A.K.A SmashBoards.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I...
I can't tell what you're asking.

But considering the Wii U (which is the CONSOLE) only supports two GamePads (which are the CONTROLLERS; you seem to have this mixed up), I'm gonna have to say they'll allow other controllers. I'd be surprised if the GamePad wasn't usable though, considering Brawl supported literally every controller the Wii had at the time.

Also, the GamePad, while big, is extremely comfortable and one of my favorite controllers.

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet
sorry if i had people confused with the question i mean like on brawl where there was 4 different controller styles the nunchuk gamecube controller just the sensor remote and the wii brand controller

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Wiimote+Nunchuck, Pro Controller and U Gamepad are obviously in.

I...
I can't tell what you're asking.

But considering the Wii U (which is the CONSOLE) only supports two GamePads (which are the CONTROLLERS; you seem to have this mixed up), I'm gonna have to say they'll allow other controllers. I'd be surprised if the GamePad wasn't usable though, considering Brawl supported literally every controller the Wii had at the time.

Also, the GamePad, while big, is extremely comfortable and one of my favorite controllers.
It's terrible for fighters though. Tekken is unplayable on that thing.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Never played it. What makes it so tough? The size can't actually be that hard to deal with, right? The button layout is the same as any other console.

I'd imagine all of Brawl's control schemes minus GCN controller are in, plus GamePad and Pro Controller support.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Hori, Madcatz or somebody else will no doubt make pro controllers in the shape of gcn in time for the game's release.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Sakurai will allow every controller known to man.

And playing the gamepad with Tekken is no problem at all. Your hands are wider but once you over come that it can be played on just as comfortably as any traditional controller.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sakurai will allow every controller known to man.
Smash 4: Use literally any controller in the world! PS4! Kinect! Pong! Mouse and keyboard! DDR mat! Guitar Hero guitar!

Sakurai: When I said every controller, I meant it! *laughs*

Strevo

Smash Rookie
But there are already some third party adapters or something that allow you to hook up your Gamecube controller to the Wii Mote

Like this:

I hope Nintendo picks up the idea and makes them themselves, because the Gamecube controller is golden!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would there be a point to using the gamecube controller if it has no input for things like the c pad?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about people using the gamecube controller expecting all the inputs to work just like melee, when the game is being programmed with no gamecube controller in mind. The gamecube controller adaption acts as if it's the wii u classic controller, so unless the input for the controller is set the same, or your able to set input, there could be a chance it wouldn't work exactly the same

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
No way. I refuse to use 4 gamepads to have the nostalgic fights that I used to have as a child.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm talking about people using the gamecube controller expecting all the inputs to work just like melee, when the game is being programmed with no gamecube controller in mind. The gamecube controller adaption acts as if it's the wii u classic controller, so unless the input for the controller is set the same, or your able to set input, there could be a chance it wouldn't work exactly the same
There might be one where you can map them yourself, but most adapters are mapped 1:1 by default...A on the GameCube controller is A on the Classic Controller, and so on. The C stick corresponds to the right stick on the Classic Controller. The only thing the GCN controller doesn't have is the CC's second left shoulder button, which is clearly not necessary for Smash Bros.

I've been playing Project: M with the CCP for a while. I had to rearrange the controls to something that made sense to me, but with some practice I got back up to my previous skill level. Nevertheless, I'll probably pick up one of those adapters soon and when I get the chance, I'll try it and let everyone know how well it works. If Smash 4 allows CC support, then we'll be good to go with that, and if not, well, people are gonna have to learn the Pro Controller's layout. Also keep in mind that anyone who has any intention of playing the 3DS version will need to learn the diamond layout. I didn't find it difficult to learn, especially since Brawl allows for doing whatever you want with your controls. Presumably Smash 4 will do the same.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Smash 4 will surely allow button placement once again. So I'm sure using a GameCube controller won't be an issue. The C Stick thing is not an issue at all, its just placed higher on the new controllers is all.

And 4 gamepads? Pretty much impossible at this point. That should be the last thing on anyone's mind.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Smash 4 will surely allow button placement once again. So I'm sure using a GameCube controller won't be an issue. The C Stick thing is not an issue at all, its just placed higher on the new controllers is all.

And 4 gamepads? Pretty much impossible at this point. That should be the last thing on anyone's mind.
C-Stick is an issue since the 3DS cannot support them. There's no button left for it. I suppose it could be different for the Wii U version but I think Sakurai might just scrap the C stick all together.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
C-Stick is an issue since the 3DS cannot support them. There's no button left for it. I suppose it could be different for the Wii U version but I think Sakurai might just scrap the C stick all together.
Well that obviously goes without saying, especially since the topic was mainly about the Wii U. Either way the Circle Pad pro exists and might be supported for the 3DS. I hope it's not.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With the Circle Pad Pro accessory the 3DS has should cover those who want a C-Stick feature (but since I'm so satisfied with the controls of Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion, the next Smash won't encourage me enough to finally buy a Circle Pad Pro).

Anywho, for the Wii U game, as long as it supports the Wiimote + Nunchuk, Wiimote held sideways, the Classic Controller, Wii U GamePad, and the Wii U Pro Controller with the option to totally customize the controls like Brawl did, I don't see any problems with the controls in the next Smash. And since the Wii U Pro Controller has everything the GamePad has minus the screen, it wouldn't matter if we can't buy more than one GamePad.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Wiimote+Nunchuck, Pro Controller and U Gamepad are obviously in.

I spent a good chunk of this weekend playing Injustice exclusively on the GamePad and I must say I disagree with you. I had no problems whatsoever using it. Unless I get a GameCube to CC connector, I'll probably use the GamePad for Smash 4. That'll also help me stay in shape for the 3DS version.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Fix the first post and the poll. What does "Unsaleable" mean?There's a lack of punctuation, capitalization and the controller is called a Gamepad, not a wiiu.

To answer the topic, of course the Gamepad won't be the only option of play.
Surely the Pro controllers for the Wii and Wii U will be included because they are essentially the same thing minus a touch screen.

Top Bottom