• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the soccer ball as part of your jab combo.

Arean

Smash Ace
Hi everyone, I was fiddling around with WFT's header lately, and as we all know, you can cancel it to a free fall after pressing your shield, At first, I couldn't find any practical use for it, but I found some use for it now.

1. WFT's Jab combo deals 8% damage, you can use the soccer ball along with this.
2. Press forward B and then shield asap to free fall. The soccer ball should fall in front of you.
3. Do a jab combo with the soccer ball in front. You will hit your opponent with the jab and soccerball at the same time, I was able to deal damage from 8% to 19-22% with this,

I Know that this can be gimmicky, but I just wanted to see any use for free falled side b. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

PurpleWeeaboo

Smash Rookie
Testing it out now.

It honestly seems like a solid tech. One thing I have to point out is that the soccer ball disappears quite quickly so you have to do it on the spot.

First thing I thought of when I read this was how well it would synergize with the custom move Huge Header considering the ball has a longer duration/bigger hitbox.

The knockback of the soccer ball however makes it impossible to land down the finishing jab hit. Which means no grounding.

Comparing this to jab combos such as:

-Jab into down+b = 20%
-Jab into dsmash = 18%

You of course get better dmg output by doing this tech.

Honestly this is pretty solid. Very unpredictable while also very helpful to rack up percent.

Just make sure the enemy doesn't knock the soccer ball back at you in its neutral state.

Last edited:
Top Bottom