• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using puff in doubles

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Hello. My brother will be using Jigglypuff with my Cloud for 2v2 at the next tournament we'll be going. We practiced throw to rest, and all about rest setups and confirms with both our characters, but I seek some info about Jigglypuff's role in the duo.

How Jigglypuff is supposed to fight in 2v2, what attacks are better, where is the better position on the stage and what role she has in general? Also, is there any good replay of a puff doing some work in 2v2, not just as rest spamming, but space control and conditioning?

Queen An

Smash Rookie
The quickest advice I can give is to use forward throw a lot when it comes to using throws, as it has a hitbox to damage the other fighter.

Jigglypuff's main weakness is people simply shielding against her, but in 2v2's, you can always change targets when that starts to happen. Doing so is a good way to keep relevant in the battle

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Some things I can recommend while using Puff in doubles:

If your partner is close, something else worth doing is having your partner weaken shields and try to seal the deal with Pound, especially if their damage is in Rest-kill territory. Always make sure Jigglypuff is near when using Rest so that she can be awakened with weak attacks. IMO, Jigglypuff is more of a support character during doubles as she doesn't have the tools to butcher an opponent on her own.

Her throws are really good in doubles. They do good damage and while none of them are kill throws, they are ideal for positioning opponents her partner to take advantage of them. Sure, Rest becomes a huge tool during doubles, but it's not her only tool. She's meant to help rack up damage with her aerials, assist in shield pressure with Pound, position opponents with her throws, and take out vulnerable opponents with Rest.

Those are a few tips I can recommend in doubles.

Top Bottom