• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Platforms to Rule the Stage

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I don't think people do this often enough. IMO, one of the most useful tactics to learn with Luigi is to be able to jump from under a platform into a waveland. It really is simple, and it works for other characters too.

Just jump up and then do another jump as I'm near the platform and waveland the instant I'm 'on' it (except I'm in the air). I use control stick for jumps/wavedashes so I'm not sure if whatever I use is the same as most of you guys.

With this Luigi can:

escape
wavedash off the platform into an aerial
follow up Nair combos
surprise the opponent with quick aerial edgeguards (i.e. FoD, they're trying to get back on and instead of wavedashing off the stage, you waveland on the platform above you to get a little bit higher and mess them up)
be wherever the hell you want on the stage in a second

Obviously this isn't anything new, but I think Luigis need to use it more.

discuss

also you can go from one platform to another the same way

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
yeah you can do some pretty interesting things with platforms.

The major advantage with wavelanding off platforms is that you can fast fall an aerial without the rising animations of a normal jump.

On most stages the platforms are placed in such a way that you can waveland off and DI off the stage for a fast falled aerial edge guard without using your jump.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
^ exactly

I just saw ppa0's new video and I suggest people watch it; it has some good examples of what I'm talking about here.

People never expect the platdash'd aerials

Top Bottom