• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Palutena in Doubles?

Karmatrix

Smash Cadet
Do you guys have any special out of the ordinary strategies that Palutena can use in Doubles?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I think most only apply if team attack is on... I suppose you could push a smash charging teammate into range with reflect? lol She can also AR an allied G&W to fill his bucket - that's an obvious one. You could also have your teammate aim your AR for you in the sense you could aim at them and have them dodge it. Last but not least, you can use Palu's shield to ignore ranged friendly fire while still attacking if you B-air or Dash attack - I can mainly see this coming into use with either Robin or R.O.B., as they have moves which cut through multiple enemies, though I dunno how effective this one is... Other than those, I can't think of much else. -and again, those only work with team attack on.

If you're talking about without, all I can think of are trapping moves, like her U-tilt, N-air and U-air. They're great for keeping a foe occupied for just that little longer to let an ally close in for an extra hit. You can also use her airs to pull foes down IIRC.

That's all I can share on this one. Hope atleast one of these helps.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Heavenly Light allows Ness to recover something ridiculous like 60%.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
Lightweight and SS gives you the ability to follow up on your teammate's combos from anywhere.

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Heavenly Light allows Ness to recover something ridiculous like 60%.
And allows Lucas to recover a whopping 90% in about as much time as it takes for a star KO to re-spawn. I've found that a pairing of Palutena + PK boys works really well because of this. Palutena can stock tank really well thanks to her amazing recovery options, and then Ness/Lucas can go in without too much fear of getting damaged thanks to how much they can heal off of Heavenly Light. Heavenly Light is pretty much a win condition with this pairing. Once the opposing team is down to one person, Heavenly Light basically guarantees you the victory. Should your PK partner go down, Palutena still has the tools to win with Super Speed and Lightweight, although the lack of Auto-reticle can cause her to get camped if the opponent is a heavy projectile user like ROB or Villager.

Last edited:
Top Bottom