• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Lucas to discover new Ike techniques

Batteries

Smash Cadet
I am a Lucas main, and therefore have my controller setup completely different from that of almost any other character on the boards. However, recently I forgot to take my name off when I switched to Ike and discovered something amazing. Any of you familliar with bsticking with Lucas will know that the PkF technique for launching a PkF and distancing you from your enemy is incredibly effective. However, did you know that you can use this technique with Ike as well?

By bsticking his quick draw technique, you are able to push yourself away from your enemy and suddenly charge forward unexpectedly. Assuming this technique hasn't been discovered and named already, I'll try to get a video up soon (as soon as I get my SD card reader) and come up with a name.

For those of you unfamiliar with bsticking with Lucas, what you do is set your c-stick to the do the special moves (b moves) and while jumping towards an enemy, holding the direction you're moving, hit the c-stick the opposite direction. This propels Lucas backward and shoots a PkF from his starting position. I can't seem to find a guide to it in the Lucas forum, but feel free to look and post it here. I'll add it to this post.

hario.hige

Smash Cadet
You realize that B-sticking works with the majority of B-moves in this game, right?

That's why it's not called Lucas-sticking.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman

By bsticking his quick draw technique, you are able to push yourself away from your enemy and suddenly charge forward unexpectedly. ...
How far does Ike go like this? I think it'd be kinda hard to put to use if the forward hit didn't go as far as the backwards windup. What's the Forward to back difference? Or just get that video up so we can all see it.

Good find! My friend, an Ike user, will be glad to see this.

Batteries

Smash Cadet
You realize that B-sticking works with the majority of B-moves in this game, right?

That's why it's not called Lucas-sticking.
This I was not aware of.

How far does Ike go like this? I think it'd be kinda hard to put to use if the forward hit didn't go as far as the backwards windup. What's the Forward to back difference? Or just get that video up so we can all see it.

Good find! My friend, an Ike user, will be glad to see this.
I'm pretty sure you go forward more than you go back. I think it may even be about a 2:1. It's rather useful IMO. I'd get a video up, but like I said in the first post, I don't have my card reader yet, and I can't seem to find a way to record straight to my computer.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
This is actually old lol. Seeing how B-Sticking was found a while ago, and it works on a majority of character's Special Moves, yeah, it's old. There's no need for a new name or anything for this. It's just B-Sticking his Quick Draw. There's really limited use for this seeing how you have to be in the air to do it. It'd be for mind games at best albeit not very good.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I was wondering how B-sticking would work for Ike. It allows a slightly shorter spacing than usual for QD, and the Auto-RAR could help.

i prefer normal C-stick.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you go forward more than you go back. I think it may even be about a 2:1. It's rather useful IMO. I'd get a video up, but like I said in the first post, I don't have my card reader yet, and I can't seem to find a way to record straight to my computer.
Thank you kindly.

And, even if it is "just mindgames," Ike could really benefit from some tricky maneuvering, given that he is wicked sluggish.

Top Bottom