• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using his back-air when you're going FORWARDS... tips?

Chojo

Smash Cadet
Hey people, I'm having a little Sonic trouble right now...

It's pretty obvious that Sonic's back air is one badass move. The problem? It's a back-air move... >_<..

Now I know with Brawl's new physics, it's possible to do some weird stuff to cause Sonic to keep moving FORWARD while he's facing BACKWARDS so he can use his back-air forwards while charging AT the enemy, not from behind.

How do I do this? I do it about 2 or 3 times per match by pure accident, but I can't figure how to do it on purpose.

Any tips? I've heard about jumping and turning around and the same time, but it doesn't really work...

EDIT: Oh yah, I forgot, the main reason I wanna know is so I can edge guard with his b-air. If I were just to use it normall from behind, then I would just knock them back onto the stage... lol...

R. Olivaw

Smash Cadet
When you're dashing, immediately push the stick in the opposite direction before jumping. You should keep your forward momentum while doing a bair forwards.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty simple really. Just dash---> smash backward--->smash forward and hit jump at the same time. Your character will turn as if to dash the other way, but then he will jump forward while facing backward out of the animation with full momentum. You can do it quickly enough so that it is very practical to use in combat, but it has to be timed at least slow enough for the character you're using to begin his little turning around animation during the dash.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Either that, or just use the C-stick for Bairs (assuming you're using a GC controller). C-stick is THE way to keep momentum while doing aerials.

Top Bottom