• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Dk, How Do I Stop C Stick Mashers?!?!

monkeys_are_sexy

Smash Rookie
Ok, I use DK as main and I have a ton of trouble fighting my friend. All he does is c stick mash with somebody like meta knight or wolf using there fastest c sticks and i sheild the c stick then go to attack them and there c stick hits me before i hit them so they can use 2 c sticks before i can sheild and use one??!? How do i beat this, approaching, during, I dont care i just need help. Remember Im using DK.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Down-B 'out prioritizes' every ground move in the game. Learn the range of the down-B so you can keep him at bay. Then juggle him in the air with your u-air or b-air.

monkeys_are_sexy

Smash Rookie
oo down b thank you so much i forgot all about that i rarely ever use it.

ok what move should i use when i stop sheilding and he keeps c sticking so tha i can beat him on to his 2nd c stick

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
wastingpenguins...ah, sorry about that. my brother took the computer and i lost ur AIM name...then i remembered it was identical to ur smashboards one, lol.
ggs man. i didn't mean to bail on you like that, but i g2g to work now. nice dk.
every new DK i fight, i learn something new..i like the reverse Giant Punches..hm...

manhunter098

Smash Lord
You can probably f-tilt and then jab. DKs f-tilt spaced well enough will cancel most smash attacks it comes into contact with (cancels itself too, and it wont work against REALLY strong ones) then you can just jab. With Wolf the down b will be a bit harder to use as a counter to c-stick mashing if he is spamming f-smash since it moves Wolf and down b doesnt have a constant hitbox, it has two that linger a bit, but between there is a gap where you you are still vulnerable to a ground approach and attack.

Down smash if you can time it right should also work, though I might have the priority mixed up a bit, it should outrange Wolf and Metaknights down smashes though and Im pretty sure it will outprioritize them as well.

Giant Punch would work charged a bit too, try jumping over them and doing a reverse giant punch, it will probably catch them by surprise.

I also recommend using plenty of DK's godly b-air.

For the most part shield grabbing them might be difficult since both of them (especially Metaknight) have some really fast smash attacks so unless you perfect shield, you may not have time to shield grab.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
spot dodge? would that work against them (mainly wolf, due to his movement?)

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
It really depends on what moves you're talking about. Cstick can be used for about 8 different attacks.

What it sounds like you want is general DK strats. One of DK's biggest strengths is his range. If you're constantly having people in your face, you need to back up and reset your distance with Ftilt and Bair. Both of these attacks have a lot of range, so make sure you use them before they get right up next to you. Move towards them and approach with Ftilt and Bair. If they get up close, use your jab, UpB, and Dsmash. Also make good use of your shield. After shielding you can shield grab, or drop the shield and jab combo, Ftilt, or Dsmash. Be careful about using DownB too much because it whiffs aerial opponents.

That's about as much info as I can think of without having more specific details.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
Like Brahma says, the clue is the range, maybe wolf can have more range than u whit the fsmash, but also u can just jump and use a headbut over him than can help alot, in the case of metaknight, c,mon men dk is the counter of meta, u cant lose vs him use then range, use ur downsmash, bkicks at the air, just think a little bit ur moves and u gona be ok :D.

Tx3Fate

Smash Cadet
As was mentioned, spacing is key. But if you do have to get upclose and messy, a preemptive spot dodge to up-b almost always works well for me. Usually the first hit of the spammed attack (often dsmash) will hit your invincibility frames on the upb and you can proceed to punish as well as scare them into potentially not spamming that attack throughout the rest of the match/set.

Maybe its just me, but its incredibly satisfying beating a jab or dsmash with upb.

Top Bottom