• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using A SD Card Over 2 GB?

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
The Stage Builder exploit used by the hackless loader requires a 2GB card, so you won't be able to use that. But if you launch it via the Homebrew Channel, larger cards will work just fine.

StepItUpSenpai

Smash Rookie
i see thank you and if i launch it via homebrew channel do i still have to remove the custom maps or no since im not using the stage builder exploit and if not after i launch via homebrew channel is that all i have to do or do i need that gecko thingy too.

or am i not allowed to ask since im using a hacked wii :x

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
i see thank you and if i launch it via homebrew channel do i still have to remove the custom maps or no since im not using the stage builder exploit and if not after i launch via homebrew channel is that all i have to do or do i need that gecko thingy too.

or am i not allowed to ask since im using a hacked wii :x
No you can leave the custom stages if you like, it'll run fine. If you're running off a disk, use the Project M launcher and if you're running off a USB use a USB Loader with cheats enabled.

StepItUpSenpai

Smash Rookie
No you can leave the custom stages if you like, it'll run fine. If you're running off a disk, use the Project M launcher and if you're running off a USB use a USB Loader with cheats enabled.
i see so i dont have to run it on homebrew channel just use USB loader with cheats enabled? sorry for asking these questions when i should be testing them but i dont have my tv with me >.<

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'd reccomend loading it via either the Homebrew Channel or by using the Launcher Channel that lets you skip the whole Ocarina process and just launch it via a channel akin to Virtual Console games.

The Launcher Channel does require use of the WAD Manager, but that is included in the download for the Project M Channel.

Last edited:

StepItUpSenpai

Smash Rookie
I'd reccomend loading it via either the Homebrew Channel or by using the Launcher Channel that lets you skip the whole Ocarina process and just launch it via a channel akin to Virtual Console games.

The Launcher Channel does require use of the WAD Manager, but that is included in the download for the Project M Channel.
ahhh i see i have all that then what use is the gecko for?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
ahhh i see i have all that then what use is the gecko for?
Gecko is for managing codes that you apply to a game, not so much for actually playing it. Basically, an Action Replay for Wii games. So any custom codes you add need to be added to Project M's .gct file (the file that Gecko uses for applying codes to a game). You can do that by using GCTEdit.

Riivolution does the same thing as Gecko, but Riivo isn't compatible with Project M like Gecko is, to my knowledge.

Last edited:

StepItUpSenpai

Smash Rookie
Gecko is for managing codes that you apply to a game, not so much for actually playing it. Basically, an Action Replay for Wii games. So any custom codes you add need to be added to Project M's .gct file (the file that Gecko uses for applying codes to a game). You can do that by using GCTEdit.

Riivolution does the same thing as Gecko, but Riivo isn't compatible with Project M like Gecko is, to my knowledge.
ahhh i see i dont really care for codes.

if somehow i fail to get this to work tomorrow i shall come back :3

thank you everyone for your help ^-^

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
ahhh i see i dont really care for codes.

if somehow i fail to get this to work tomorrow i shall come back :3

thank you everyone for your help ^-^
Don't worry too much about it, really; all you need if you just want to play Project M vanilla is the .gct file included in the download to be in the codes folder on the SD card you're putting it on.

You'd only need to mod the .gct if you're going to modify the game. :p

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Riivolution does works, but both Riivolution and Gecko are obsoleted by the new PM Launcher. Y'all are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Super basic instructions on the simplest way to do it:
  1. If you haven't already, install the Homebrew Channel. Wiibrew has detailed instructions for this part. Use the Letterbomb method, doesn't require any other game (again, Smash Stack will not work with SDHC).
  2. Download the Homebrew option zip from projectmgame.com. Get the full set if you're not planning to play over wifi (it's dead anyway, most everyone uses Dolphin now), but if you really need wifi then get that version. Extract it to your SD card.
  3. Open the Homebrew Channel.
  4. Select the Project M launcher.
  5. Play.

StepItUpSenpai

Smash Rookie
Riivolution does works, but both Riivolution and Gecko are obsoleted by the new PM Launcher. Y'all are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Super basic instructions on the simplest way to do it:
  1. If you haven't already, install the Homebrew Channel. Wiibrew has detailed instructions for this part. Use the Letterbomb method, doesn't require any other game (again, Smash Stack will not work with SDHC).
  2. Download the Homebrew option zip from projectmgame.com. Get the full set if you're not planning to play over wifi (it's dead anyway, most everyone uses Dolphin now), but if you really need wifi then get that version. Extract it to your SD card.
  3. Open the Homebrew Channel.
  4. Select the Project M launcher.
  5. Play.
I did this and it didn't work at all it just kept going back to wii menu remember I have the game on a flash drive not a disk my wii can't even read disks anymore

I just realized when I got to my friends house that I was missing the WAD file that the video from the video that Ridley showed me and it wasn't in the home brew download so I'm guessing it's in the gecko download or something?

Errrr also how do I enable hacks on usb loader? Since star said that's what I need to do for it to work

Last edited:

Celestis

Smash Ace
If you launch the game by default homebrew launcher, you can use the 8 GB SD card. But I Suppose that all depends if you are able to use the default considering you mentioned USB >.>

Top Bottom