• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using a get-up attack to get a tipper forward smash

Holy Wars

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this was found (I could only assume it was) but I have never seen anybody purposely walk up to the player, and crouch cancel their get up attack to perfectly space for the tipper.

I'm not very good so I could only assume this is basic knowledge, or it's not viable in high skill matches. I just know I have done it a few times, around maybe 20% to 40%? and it works out so well.

I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything about it.

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
This is isn't really anything new, it's really just a crouch cancel f-smash.

This is pretty common but not amongst Marths, since being close enough to crouch cancel the getup would probably mean poor spacing for the tipper.
It is seen a lot in Falcos, since Falco's fsmash is really good and does not require as accurate spacing as Marth's.

(P.S. the title of this thread is a little misleading since it seems as if you're suggesting a get up attack could combo into a tipper)

Holy Wars

Smash Rookie
OH ok, thanks. Yeah, like I said I just assumed it was common knowledge and people knew about it and it just wasn't viable. I guess it's because I'm not very good and I play against not the best people on SL so I just got lucky with the spacing.
Sorry, didn't mean for the title to be misleading, I should have a question mark at the end.
BTW, I love your avatar picture, the kid from SSX3 right?

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
No problems dude

And yeah it's Griff from SSX3, I don't think many people would recognise that, so that's sick. It's a very great game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom