• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using a Classic Controller Pro

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
In spite of knowing that I would no longer be able to use a GameCube controller, I transferred my Wii data to my Wii U a few months ago and have been using the CC Pro ever since. While I certainly can't blame my losses on the controller (which is very efficient), I have noticed minor things such as:

-Instant jump-bairs not coming out
-Turn-jabs and turn-grabs are impossible without dashing

Keep in mind, the CC Pro doesn't have any sensitivity readings. I confirmed this in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, where if you hold R/L, the character will power ascend or power descend. If you play the game using a GC Controller or an ordinary Classic Controller, how hard you hold the button will determine whether you can float around or burst up and down with speed. In short, Tenkaichi 3 can't be fully played with a CC Pro.

I've tried the Mayflash GC Controller Adapter for the Wii U. It was broken out of the box. For those of you who don't use the GC controller, do you prefer CC or CC Pro? What have you noticed while using these controllers?

Top Bottom