• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for Nair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I can't really tell if its a good move or not, it seems like it doesn't have a lot of utility.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
It's relatively safe on shield if spaced properly, sticks around quite a bit so it tends to catch early airdodges, and it launches opponents at a more favorable angle than fair offstage. Of course, Luma nair is solid too, and running up, poking shield with Luma nair and retreating with that giant hitbox is incredibly difficult for most characters to punish. It also has the lovely property of covering diagonally above and behind Rosalina in a pinch. I believe it's Rosalina's only option to force a slip off a platform ( never used it myself, but I figured I'd let you know ). Oh, and the move has fairly little landing lag.

It's biggest arguable downside is it locks your character into an animation for quite a lengthy amount of time, so improperly spacing it can lead to some very painful punishes. Aside from that it's a solid move. It used to be a swiss army knife of nairs back in the 3DS era, but it's still worth using after its nerfs.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I like to use it to approach, since its hitboxes cover a large area, and it's rather safe.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Rosalina's N-Air is actually a pretty potent move. If spaced properly, it covers Rosalina at nearly all angles, giving Rosalina a layer of protection while approaching or fleeing. It also comes out quickly and lasts a rather long time, which (while potentially a negative quality) can take opponents by surprise. Overall it's a solid move for Rosalina, and one that should be incorporated into her overall game plan.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Learn to utilize it more as I used to think it wasn't that great either but there are some real upsides to it. For starters, Luma's nair is a frame 2 move so it will beat almost anything so that means it can be thrown out very fast against a close quarters opponent.. Next is that if used while short-hopping it's very difficult to punish as she keeps the animation out for a very long time and you can control her spacing while she's in the animation. The tail end of the nair is what keep it safe as if the opponent drops shield at anytime during it the last end will hit them. It's a weird move for sure but learning how to utilize it effectively will help you in so many matchups.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's N-air outranges a lot of attacks in the game, goes right through a lot of attacks, is great for combos due to the miniscule landing lag, and is amazing for punishing projectiles (Robin's Arcfire being a prime example). The fact it moves Rosalina's body around makes it a kind of evasive maneuver. It also comes out really quickly at the back.

Luma's N-air comes out really quickly at the front, can be an off-stage KO move, and pretty much completely covers you up from both sides. I believe it goes right through a lot of moves too. Plus, Lunar Landing means you can use it to make Luma kick around you as you do other attacks, even just dashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom