• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for Ftilt/Dtilt?

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
So I've been trying to explore more of Wolf's kit, and while I truly believe this character has insane potential for creativity, I just can't find a use for ftilt and dtilt combo-wise. They feel like purely GTFO moves, and whenever I do hit with them, I can't hit confirm them into anything. Anyone find anything with these moves?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Dtilt can combo into a lot of moves if they don't DI away. Its not the best move in his kit but its decent and still works.

Ftilt doesn't really combo into anything unless they DI really hard up/into you. Normally its just a spacing tool that sets up stage control, tech chases, and edge guarding if it hits.
Combo wise you can dtilt as a launcher, and Ftilt works as a combo ender although normally if It would hit, any of the smashes would hit too so those would be more optimal.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Dtilt can combo into a lot of moves if they don't DI away. Its not the best move in his kit but its decent and still works.

Ftilt doesn't really combo into anything unless they DI really hard up/into you. Normally its just a spacing tool that sets up stage control, tech chases, and edge guarding if it hits.
Combo wise you can dtilt as a launcher, and Ftilt works as a combo ender although normally if It would hit, any of the smashes would hit too so those would be more optimal.
So basically just like the other spacies lol.

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
D-tilt is a great spacing move IMO, it comes out fast and has surprising range. Can set up at higher percents, but pretty useless at lower. Ftilt is meh, i've used it to disrespectfully kill people who try to recover into me. Has decent range and very surprising knockback. Sometimes will use it on shield if I feel its safe.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I have not found a single reason to use F-Tilt other than a reactionary move. D-tilt has more range and is the superior at spacing. You can use d-tilt to clank with various things when timed correctly, for example Yoshi's side-b. Normally I don't use D-tilt for combos, but when I do it sets up nicely for d-air.

AUS

Smash Cadet
F-tilt is honestly not that good, Its decent as a spacing move if you want to go down that route, however spacing is better down by other moves like D-tilt. D-tilt is decent since it has decent range and can set up into D-airs, also very good if there is no DI on your counterpart to set up very good combos. Also comes out very fast and doesn't have that much lag.

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
D-Tilt is an excellent bait. People often go to shield when you d-tilt and that can setup for a grab. Also, pivot f-tilt is a great spacing option, if they don't expect it they don't tech. Dash dance and bait out the get up attack and you can get another grab.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
ftilt does have to hits to it so if the opponent is unaware it can catch them offguard. I think if the first part of ftilt hits and then the opponent drops shield the second hit of ftilt will hit them as they drop it though id have to check more on that (i believe its happened to me vs CPUs where i hit their shield with ftilt and they drop shield after that first hit and get hit by the second part.)

dtilt has the longest horizontal range of any of wolf's ground moves other then fsmash if i remember correctly, which is useful to have in the back of ones mind in a match.

Chef2

Smash Apprentice
I use ftilt to end a combo if they are offstage (or I'm on the edge of a platform) cause fsmash won't reach as far and dsmash has good reach but a narrow hitbox. Ftilt reaches further and hits better than smashes in that situation. If you go to about 41:50 on the link, I end the combo with an ftilt and I think that was only option that would have killed. http://youtu.be/QRtK8k-CZE8

Taytertot

Smash Ace
I use ftilt to end a combo if they are offstage (or I'm on the edge of a platform) cause fsmash won't reach as far and dsmash has good reach but a narrow hitbox. Ftilt reaches further and hits better than smashes in that situation. If you go to about 41:50 on the link, I end the combo with an ftilt and I think that was only option that would have killed. http://youtu.be/QRtK8k-CZE8
yeah i see what youre saying idk if anything else wouldve hit at that point. ive never really thought of ftilt as a KO option before

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
F tilt is a decent anti air when angled up. And if you're bad at shield pressure and good at spacing, shine, wavedash behind, turnaround ftilt. It can poke and then knockdown. I unno. I did that to some decent effect way back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom