• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Username origins thread

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I came up with it on the fly. I wanted to break away from my normal go-to username.

Saikyo: The martial arts school of Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter.
Yoshi: The one main I keep coming back to no matter how much I experiment.

And I kept it because everyone kept reading it wrong, and "Saik" (pronounced either Psych, Sake, Seck, or Sai-Yik; I haven't decided yet, but probably not the last one.) sounded like a good name for the individual Yoshi I play as. I'd been looking for one for a while.

Last edited:

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
Roman - my father's mother's side is off the boat from Italy so I wanted to rep my Italian heritage

Centurion - A high ranking soldier in the Roman army. I play FPS' competitively so it made the most sense.

X - Roman numeral for 10, XBox Live only allowed 21 characters so I couldn't put 28 next to my name since it is my number in hockey, football, and lacrosse so I just combined the two.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I came up with it on the fly. I wanted to break away from my normal go-to username.

Saikyo: The martial arts school of Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter.
Yoshi: The one main I keep coming back to no matter how much I experiment.

And I kept it because everyone kept reading it wrong, and "Saik" (pronounced either Psych, Sake, Seck, or Sai-Yik; I haven't decided yet, but probably not the last one.) sounded like a good name for the individual Yoshi I play as. I'd been looking for one for a while.
Saikyou (最強) means strongest in Japanese, so it's sort of a neat portmanteau.

Top Bottom