• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USBLoaderGX Problems - EDIT** Fixed

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
I used to use USBLoaderGX from an 8GB flashdrive to play Project M. A couple of weeks ago, I traded it for a 32GB one (same brand) from my bro, and he copied everything from the 8GB onto the 32GB aannd... everything worked perfectly fine. No problems whatsoever. But today while I was at my friend's house, USBLoaderGX couldn't recognize the flashdrive, so I put it into the other USB slot (usually works), but then USBLoaderGX looked like it had settings changed. It showed the Wii channels (I turned off those when I first got USBLGX), and said that the option of showing Wii ISOs was turned off. So I turned on Wii ISOs blah blah blah my original settings. Then I noticed that Ocarina codes were turned of (so I turned them on), and the hooktype was set to none (turned it to VBI (didn't work so I changed it to AXNextframe (still didn't work)). But when ever I loaded Brawl (btw the playcount was set to 0 when it was at 70 only 2 days before) it loaded vanilla Brawl, and not Project M.

person66

Smash Cadet
Stupid question, but the SD card with all the project m files was inserted, right? And usually the outer USB slot works best, not sure which you were using. Does the exact same setup work on your wii? If it does then maybe make sure your friends wii is up to date with all it's cIOSs, you should be using d2x v8 or v10-beta base 56 to load the game.

Last edited:

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but I found out the problem already! I just reformatted my SD card and now it works fine! Something may have been wrong in my build.

Top Bottom