• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USB Loader Help

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
First off, Id like to say that Ive searched around the forums for a while trying to find a thread/forum to ask this in and couldnt find it, so if this is in the wrong place, Im sorry, and could you please direct me on where to go with this?

Anyway, just a couple days ago, my Wii stopped reading discs, so I called Nintendo and they said it would be around $90 to spend, which frankly I dont want to do, so I decided that instead Id try out the USB loader program for the games I play. And just in case you're wondering, that is the ONLY problem Im having with my Wii, so its not something else, my VC games all work fine, it powers up properly, controllers and such work, etc, it only doesnt read discs. Problem is, Im terrible at all this Wii hacking stuff, so I have no idea how to install or use USB loader. Ive looked up tutorials and such, but they're all just so complicated and I dont understand what they're telling me to do, nor do I know what I need to download. If anyone could help me out on the installation of this, Id greatly appreciate it.

Also, I already have Homebrew and BootMii, so I dont need to be told how to install those as Ive already been running them beforehand.

ToastedPudding

Smash Rookie
First, I dont think this is in the right area, as this is in the "Brawl" section. I'll still help you.

Make a folder in the root of your SD card called "apps" if you dont have it already. Then download this: http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/files/USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip
Go into the "apps" folder in that .rar and extract the "usbloader_gx" folder to your "apps" folder on your SD card. Then, put the SD card in the Wii and open up the Homebrew Channel. There, you will see the USB Loader GX app.

Hope that helped!

Top Bottom