• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USB Card(xbox live)

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Hi, I've been thinking about getting a internet usb card to connect to xbox live.
Reason: My school has set their MTU settings too low to connect to live. I believe they use a router to distribute internet throughout the building, which we use through Ethernet ports. I currently have a router in my room so i can connect to my laptop wireless, but im still unable to connect that way either for the same reason.(even when i change the MTU on my router which is already defaulted at 1500)

So recently I figured, what if I use a internet usb card, i did a little research on them to see how they work and if they could connect. Alot of it was people asking if they could connect directly to there xbox, other times i got some yes and no's. Alot of it confused me. See what im planning to do is.....plug the usb into my laptop to gain access to the internet , use a Ethernet cable to connect my laptop and xbox to access live.

If this is possible, could you guys tell me wats the best provider to go with for a decent price?
I read somewhere you can put gigs on the usb card, like for $50 you get 20gb or something like that. Like if Im using this just to connect to live will i have good connection? How much gig will i be using as im on live( i b on alot)

If anyone else is using this method, i would appreciate answers/advice

-thanks

jerremy255

Smash Rookie
In the course of creating and maintaining a modded (or stock) XBox, it is often handy to be able to transfer files from PC to XBox. You could use an Action Replay and XBox memory card; however, the cards have limited storage space, and the action replay is pricey.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
In the course of creating and maintaining a modded (or stock) XBox, it is often handy to be able to transfer files from PC to XBox. You could use an Action Replay and XBox memory card; however, the cards have limited storage space, and the action replay is pricey.
Huh???

I'm not talking about a modded anything, I wanna know if its possible get a good connection to xbox live using one of those internet network usb card things, how would it work, aany other advice needed.

archerjenner

Smash Rookie
I currently have a router in my room so I could connect to my wireless laptop, but I am not yet able to communicate in this manner for the same reason. Most people were asked if they could connect directly to the Xbox, other times I received yes and no to. You can use an Action Replay and Xbox memory card, but have limited storage cards and action replay is expensive.

Top Bottom