• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upward Fsmash

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
One of my favorite kill moves for Luigi is his fsmash tilted upward. But I've noticed something in this game. When I push up on the control stick, it doesn't give me the upward fsmash. I use the c stick with it and the only way to get the upward fsmash is to push the c stick at a diagonal.

Has anyone else already noticed this? I swear it wasn't this way in Brawl.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You may not have noticed, but in this game, you can't use the control stick and the C stick at the same time.

Jump, use an aerial, and try to drift while still letting go of the C Stick.

I'm assuming that's why you can't. Maybe you can if you hold up or down BEFORE you hit the stick? Try that.

Definitely is an issue, unfortunately.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Should be noted that downward f-smash actually kills sooner then upward does in Smash 4.

It launches more horizontally, whereas upward sends them more vertically.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Should be noted that downward f-smash actually kills sooner then upward does in Smash 4.

It launches more horizontally, whereas upward sends them more vertically.
I did read about that in one of the other threads. I'm so used to going for the upward f-smash. I'll have to work the downward f-smash in more often. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom