• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

upthrow - upair kill confirm

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
Idk if you have already talked about this in the skype group (I'm not in it yet lol), but last night I was trying to understand on which characters does upthrow-upair connect until kill%. This is a very good option, because grabbing close to the ledge means that the opponent will DI towards the stage like 100% of the times, and if you are fast enough uthrow uair will likely kill at around 120%. I've managed to kill characters until the 28th-29th fall speed class (marth and lucina), while with pikachu I wasn't able to make a combo according to the training mode's counter, so this works against about half of the roster. If someone wants to confirm/contradict me I'll appreciate it.

I've just tried against other characters, I wasn't able to do this against wario even if he's 23rd in the fall speed list, while I was able to kill vanilla shulk. I think we should make a list of the characters that this kill setup works on

Last edited:

Deaga

Smash Cadet
I've found this to work on very specific % and rage, it's very hard to get an actual confirm from this. But it's still a nice strategy as, if they air dodge the Uair, you can frame trap them and hit a Witch Twist, so not all is lost.

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
Uthrow uair works against some characters at mid-high% too, even if they don't die off the top. You can condition them to airdodge, and then bair them to death when you get a grab close to the ledge. This is the closest thing to a 50/50 we have, so I think we should get more information. Consider that uthrow uair works quite well on characters that are often seen in tournaments, like Sheik, ZSS, Diddy and Cloud

D

Deleted member

I've found this to work on very specific % and rage, it's very hard to get an actual confirm from this. But it's still a nice strategy as, if they air dodge the Uair, you can frame trap them and hit a Witch Twist, so not all is lost.
Or just BA U-Air if you are slow enough.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Since every kill confirm throw combo has a name, im gonna call it 'Booyah' (a mix between Bayonetta and Hoo-Hah)

Last edited:
Top Bottom