• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upthrow against Marth and Sheik

JRad

Smash Apprentice
Anyone ever experiment using upthrow against Marth and Sheik and/or prefer it to dthrow sometimes? Generally I tend to think of Doctor Mario as a freestyle combo'r so it could be really dependent on percents and DI. Upair is a given but I'm wondering if there is other stuff guaranteed off the uair. Right now my standard against Marth is to dthrow and then do an upsmash or uair. For sheik I chaingrab into a uair, upsmash, or uair but maybe upthrow could also work after chaingrab percents or will she jump out? Just wanted to start a discussion. I'll try it out more this week.

Last edited:

trusty

Smash Apprentice
My friend who I play against a lot is a Marth main and at low percentage (<30%) I've found that up throw short hop uair to bair or fair can be really effective. Of course that's contingent on their DI

Top Bottom