• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upside Down Mewtwo?

Aeayx

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm very new to these forums, so apologies if this has been discussed before. I've used the search function and looked in the MewTwo guides, but couldn't find this anywhere.

Anyway, I've tried learning MewTwo in the past, but his bigness really turned me off to the character. However, on two separate occasions, I observed MewTwo standing upside down on a platform. He wasn't tumbling or falling, and looked like he was standing there, he was simply standing, but on the bottom of the ledge. Sadly, both times I was quickly attacked, and could never duplicate the results.

My best guess (Besides being insane :psycho:) is that I teched on the bottom side of the ledge. If this is an actual technique, I probably couldn't repeat it because as stupid as this sounds, I never knew about teching until I came here. I have a nasty habit of spamming the L button.

I'm just wondering if this was a fluke I experienced, or a known MewTwo ability I've stumbled on.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
If this is something that is known, I surely am not aware of it. I am one of the more experienced M2 players and I have never seen nor heard of this happening before. Could you provide any more details?

Aeayx

Smash Rookie
If this is something that is known, I surely am not aware of it. I am one of the more experienced M2 players and I have never seen nor heard of this happening before. Could you provide any more details?
Sure. As I said this has happened to me twice. The first time happened over a year ago during a free for all. I don't remember the level, but I was definitely hit towards a platform. Somehow I started standing under the ledge, and everyone saw it and was asking how I did it. Unfortunately I was hit off the ledge very fast after it happened. The second time it happened was a few weeks ago when a friend of mine and me were goofing around with different characters in a 1v1. He was jigglypuff and again hit me towards a platform on one of the kirby stages (Classic I believe). I again stood under the ledge upsidown, which is why I think this is some sort of tech move. Unfortunately, again he was following up on his attack and hit me before I could see if I could move around like that.

Anyway, both times I was hit into the platform, and both times I was on the edge of it (on the bottom side). I was doing that animation where MewTwo stands close to an edge and does the tippy toe cross arm wave thing. Unfortunately, no one expected me to do it (including myself) and were following up on their attack, knocking me off the underside of the ledge. Because I was hit both times, I think this supports that I wasn't just tumbling and saw what looked like MewTwo standing upsidown, but I was actually standing.

lain

Smash Master
sounds like invisible ceiling glitch.

i too once thought a friend was teching the platforms of kongo jungle. but nope. haha.

Top Bottom