• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*UPDATING* Dedede Patch 1.1.6 WHAAT Impact and Discussion

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
If nothing else, our bad MUs will be nerfed. And hey, this is the first patch since the tier list. Last one was released like two days after the list, so it didnt have a chance to influence it. Maybe it will this time.

Cooki5

Smash Rookie
Now! This is it! Now is the time for buffs! Go and switch your mains and be free of pain, or live and fight for your better Dedede! Now is the time to shape your high tier penguin ! Your fate is in your hands!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Now! This is it! Now is the time for buffs! Go and switch your mains and be free of pain, or live and fight for your better Dedede! Now is the time to shape your high tier penguin ! Your fate is in your hands!
RAISE YOUR HAMMERS WE ARE GOING TO BUFF CITY! Ah, you don't want to walk? WADDLE DEES!

But seriously, as with earlier posts in this thread, if you truly want to main King Dedede, he needs a backup. I have :4tlink::4dedede: as co-mains and Toon Link is often needed to defeat campers, Rush downs and the like. Even then, I have :rosalina: as a secondary to help the other two out. It will not get you far Solo Maining Dedede. Not far at all.

Fish-Stix

Smash Rookie
NNID
stefalina
3DS FC
4527-8368-0254
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I just want to mention that I hope that his Neutral B gets more range. (Among a few other things)
I want you guys to take a look at this:
He literally stands in front of me and even had the time to grab me out of it.
Opponents just should get sucked in earlier, the move already has enough start-up and endlag to justify such a buff.
However, regardless of the outcome of the patch I'll stay loyal to the King:4dedede:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I just want to mention that I hope that his Neutral B gets more range. (Among a few other things)
I want you guys to take a look at this:
He literally stands in front of me and even had the time to grab me out of it.
Opponents just should get sucked in earlier, the move already has enough start-up and endlag to justify such a buff.
However, regardless of the outcome of the patch I'll stay loyal to the King:4dedede:
That's disgusting. Sakurai, why do you hate Dedede so much!?

GuardianOfTheLedge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoofNStein
Yeah for some strange reason it doesn't work like Kirby's.
Yeah, Dedede is supposed to have a longer inhale range than kirby, but it is really only the particle effects and windbox that are large. D3's inhale actually has a smaller grab range effectively making the actual useful range shorter than kirby's.

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
Ouch the scary part is I have a good feeling that this is gonna be the last patch

Looks like we riding out like this boyz

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Ouch the scary part is I have a good feeling that this is gonna be the last patch

Looks like we riding out like this boyz
I get that feeling too. The fact that they released an entire update just to fix one character and absolutely nothing else implies that the devs are happy with the balance of the rest of the cast. But hey, at least we may finally achieve stability in the tiers and the metagame as a whole, and I'm perfectly fine with how Dedede is now. I've been sticking with him for so long that his shortcomings don't bother me anymore. Buffs would have certainly been nice, but I'm not going to worry about the possibility of this being the last patch. I mean, if we know that we are stuck with our problems forever, we can actually dedicate some hard work to working around them withough fearing that our efforts would all just be solved by a patch anyway and wasting our time.

For those of you that have stuck with the king for all this time, through the nerfs and neglect, you guys have given a commendable time and effort to a relatively unrewarding cause. I don't know whether it's due to stubborn love of the king, extreme loyalty to your main, choosing swag and fun over tournament results, or just love of the Dedede community, but here we are! Personally, I am guilty of all of those things. We went from low-mid tier to bottom 5, but we are still going strong.

Great job guys. We may be stuck with these broken, dumb, and unfair moves if that truly was the last patch, but we made them work, and we shall continue to do so. You guys have such amazing perserverence!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I get that feeling too. The fact that they released an entire update just to fix one character and absolutely nothing else implies that the devs are happy with the balance of the rest of the cast. But hey, at least we may finally achieve stability in the tiers and the metagame as a whole, and I'm perfectly fine with how Dedede is now. I've been sticking with him for so long that his shortcomings don't bother me anymore. Buffs would have certainly been nice, but I'm not going to worry about the possibility of this being the last patch. I mean, if we know that we are stuck with our problems forever, we can actually dedicate some hard work to working around them withough fearing that our efforts would all just be solved by a patch anyway and wasting our time.

For those of you that have stuck with the king for all this time, through the nerfs and neglect, you guys have given a commendable time and effort to a relatively unrewarding cause. I don't know whether it's due to stubborn love of the king, extreme loyalty to your main, choosing swag and fun over tournament results, or just love of the Dedede community, but here we are! Personally, I am guilty of all of those things. We went from low-mid tier to bottom 5, but we are still going strong.

Great job guys. We may be stuck with these broken, dumb, and unfair moves if that truly was the last patch, but we made them work, and we shall continue to do so. You guys have such amazing perserverence!
All stand and applaud. Hey, at least we aren't the worst character in the game. And if no patches will come, then we will stay not-the-worst.

ExiaPilotDedede

Smash Apprentice
I get that feeling too. The fact that they released an entire update just to fix one character and absolutely nothing else implies that the devs are happy with the balance of the rest of the cast.
I think it may have been more spurred by the complaints and they shifted focus. It's probably a small team, and they went all hands for the best bayonetta problem. I could see one more patch that focuses on bayonetta coming.

Top Bottom