• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress [REVISION 3] Marth and Lucina Hitbox Visualization (New Thread)

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
09/17/2017 Update: EMERGENCY update!
I screwed up in Revision 2, I actually forgot to set the scale difference between Marth and Lucina. I have made a post in this very thread explaining why this is important.
If you downloaded Revision 2, I encourage you to keep it and compare it to Revision 3 so you can see how the Scale does make a (small) difference. The download link for Revision 2 will still be under the one for Revision 3. I also revised other smaller things people who got the last revision might've not even noticed.

(@Locuan sorry if I'm posting this at such a weird, inconvenient time. However, I'll really be too busy this week to post it any other time)

I thank @Furil and his original thread on the matter. If you want more information and specifics about how this works, I strongly advise reading that thread first.
Since Furil has been inactive and there was still no proper way of comparing Marth and Lucina's hitboxes side by side, I decided to take it upon myself to find a program that displayed their hitboxes to see these and hopefully show them to the public. In the end, I found Smash Forge. After a few hours of messing around with the program and some help from the Marcina labbing discord, in the end, we now finally have pictures, WebMs and .gifs of all the hitboxes on the moves of both of these characters!
If you want a file containing static pictures of all the active frames from both of these characters,

>>>PACK CONTAINING ALL OF MARCINA'S HITBOXES IN .GIF, .PNG & .MP4 (Revision 3)<<<
(Hosted on MEGA. .rar format. Filesize is about 179.3MB compressed, 247MB uncompressed.)
(Download link for Revision 2. 190.4MB compressed, 254MB uncompressed.)

Revision 3 Updates. Add these to the main folder you downloaded above:

Revision 3a Update
(Contains Aerial Dancing Blade and Aerial Shield Break)

Oh yeah, I probably should've added this from day one!
Feel free to use all I did for whatever you want! If you are making a guide, a video, or simply want to show it to your friends or another community, there's no need to ask me for permission. However, I do ask of you to give me credit. This was a lot of hard work to make.

If you would prefer to see it here in Smashboards, here are GFYcats and animated .gif images of all the hitboxes:

STANDARD

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

TILTS

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

SMASHES

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

AERIALS

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

SPECIALS

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

[cont.]

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
DANCING BLADE

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

GRAB RELATED

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

MISCELLANEOUS

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

Lucina:

Marth:

If you see any problems, please contact me through Smashboards or any other of the contact means I included at the README file. I will try to update and fix the issue as soon as possible.
Just please bear with me if there are a few mistakes or I take a while to fix them. I live a busy life and nowadays Marth/Lucina aren't the only characters I lab.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Finally got the chance to download and look through these images. I wish you would have included in the download at least one frame before and after the hitboxes because it's important to see where there aren't any. Do you have screenshots of the other frames? If not then don't worry about it, it's too much of a hassle to ask that of you.

Potential mistake: DB1's last active frame picture (and GIF above) shows suddenly way larger hitboxes than the frames before it. I'm 99% sure this isn't a thing.

I learned something new from this in that Nair2's tipper hitbox is actually slightly larger than the blade sourspot (radius 3.7 vs 3.5 unit) rather than being the same size like all of his other moves.
And damn Marth's standing grab doesn't even come close to covering his whole arm, yet it's still a decent range grab.
Do you think you can get fully charged Shield Breaker in the download too? It has smaller hitboxes than un/partial charged (radius 2.5 vs 3.0 units).

The grid lines and center axis are extremely helpful! Like for seeing total hurtbox movement, comparing different frames or moves, interpreting the Z-axis, etc. Thank you!
Do you know how many game units equal one grid unit?

THANK YOU.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Finally got the chance to download and look through these images. I wish you would have included in the download at least one frame before and after the hitboxes because it's important to see where there aren't any. Do you have screenshots of the other frames? If not then don't worry about it, it's too much of a hassle to ask that of you.
Hm... it'd actually be a bit of a hassle, yeah. I tried keeping each frame exactly the same size (and thus exactly the same camera angle) so everything can be neatly compared side by side and this program doesn't let me just set a fixed camera angle for it to always load back to. So sadly I'd have to retake all of the screenshots if I were to do this.
This wouldn't even be an issue if the program just let me all of the frames of a particular move automatically instead of having to do it all by myself... Then I'd have stills of all of the frames. (The file would also basically go up 10 times in size but that's the least of my worries tbh);
Potential mistake: DB1's last active frame picture (and GIF above) shows suddenly way larger hitboxes than the frames before it. I'm 99% sure this isn't a thing.
DB1F6.png

This frame, right?
Good question, but I have a good answer. It's dipping into the Z-Axis closer to the camera
upload_2017-6-10_10-24-14.png

So, sorry if it doesn't look very clear from that camera angle.
And damn Marth's standing grab doesn't even come close to covering his whole arm, yet it's still a decent range grab.
I thought that was strange, too, but that's how Roy's grab looks like too. Huh.
Do you think you can get fully charged Shield Breaker in the download too? It has smaller hitboxes than un/partial charged (radius 2.5 vs 3.0 units).
Hmm...
Looking here at the move list, the animations related to Shield Breaker are labelled "D00"
D00SpecialAirNEnd
D00SpecialAirNLoop
D00SpecialAirNStart
D00SpecialNEnd
D00SpecialNLoop
D00SpecialNStart
The first one is the stab animation if you use SB in the air (and it doesn't dislay hitboxes, I assume the game on the go just applies the hitboxes of the standing one?)
The following two are the animations for charging the move and starting it.
The last three are the same thing, except on the ground, and the animation I showed here in the thread and screenshotted was D00SpecialNEnd.
I couldn't really find that one. Maybe if that's what happens, the game only applies this difference in-game when you use it? Though if you have a better idea of what's going on, let me know.
The grid lines and center axis are extremely helpful! Like for seeing total hurtbox movement, comparing different frames or moves, interpreting the Z-axis, etc. Thank you! Do you know how many game units equal one grid unit?
You're welcome! I'll make sure to ask the devs of the program how big those squares are in units. I might provide an update soon and include that.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hm... it'd actually be a bit of a hassle, yeah. I tried keeping each frame exactly the same size (and thus exactly the same camera angle) so everything can be neatly compared side by side and this program doesn't let me just set a fixed camera angle for it to always load back to. So sadly I'd have to retake all of the screenshots if I were to do this.
This wouldn't even be an issue if the program just let me all of the frames of a particular move automatically instead of having to do it all by myself... Then I'd have stills of all of the frames. (The file would also basically go up 10 times in size but that's the least of my worries tbh)
Okay then, no worries.

This frame, right?
Good question, but I have a good answer. It's dipping into the Z-Axis closer to the camera. So, sorry if it doesn't look very clear from that camera angle.
I see, thanks.

I thought that was strange, too, but that's how Roy's grab looks like too. Huh.
Oh I'm not saying it's strange. Going by what happens in-game, this looked about right to me. And besides, Meshima's hitbox visualization youtube video shows pretty much the same. I'm just saying it's cool to actually see it where the grab becomes pretty embarrassing. This easily explains why Marth in Melee (and Brawl a little bit) has better standing grab range, because it actually matched.

Too bad in Smash 4 we have to deal with such an unsafe hurtbox shift for what's basically average grab range. They couldn't be bothered to change the animation.

Hmm...
Looking here at the move list, the animations related to Shield Breaker are labelled "D00"
D00SpecialAirNEnd
D00SpecialAirNLoop
D00SpecialAirNStart
D00SpecialNEnd
D00SpecialNLoop
D00SpecialNStart
The first one is the stab animation if you use SB in the air (and it doesn't dislay hitboxes, I assume the game on the go just applies the hitboxes of the standing one?)
The following two are the animations for charging the move and starting it.
The last three are the same thing, except on the ground, and the animation I showed here in the thread and screenshotted was D00SpecialNEnd.
I couldn't really find that one. Maybe if that's what happens, the game only applies this difference in-game when you use it? Though if you have a better idea of what's going on, let me know.
From dantarion's mastercore v3 there's this and then there's this:
219 - SPECIALNEND - 179E4623
params: {0, 0, IASA?=1, 0, 40, 0}
AsynchronousTimer(8.000000)#frame 8
unk_AC811479(0x0, 0.000000)
Hitbox4_2988D50F(Id=0x0, Bone?=0x0, unk?=0x0, Damage=8.000000, Angle=0x169, BKB=0x5a, WKB?=0x0, KBG=0x1e, Size=3.000000, X=0.000000, Y=8.500000, 8.000000, 0x19, 0x0, 1.000000, 1.000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x19, 0x2, 0x3, 0x3, 0x1, 0xa, 0x0, 8.500000, 20.000000)
Hitbox4_2988D50F(Id=0x1, Bone?=0x0, unk?=0x0, Damage=9.000000, Angle=0x169, BKB=0x64, WKB?=0x0, KBG=0x3c, Size=3.000000, X=0.000000, Y=8.500000, 27.000000, 0x19, 0x0, 1.600000, 1.000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x19, 0x2, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0xa, 0x0, 8.500000, 25.000000)
AsynchronousTimer(10.000000)#frame 10
RemoveAllHitboxes()
End()
21D - 0X16E98CE7 - 16E98CE7
params: {0, 0, IASA?=1, 0, 40, 0}
AsynchronousTimer(8.000000)#frame 8
unk_AC811479(0x0, 0.000000)
Hitbox4_2988D50F(Id=0x0, Bone?=0x0, unk?=0x0, Damage=22.000000, Angle=0x169, BKB=0x5a, WKB?=0x0, KBG=0x1e, Size=2.500000, X=0.000000, Y=8.500000, 8.000000, 0x19, 0x0, 1.000000, 1.000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x32, 0x2, 0x8, 0x3, 0x1, 0xa, 0x0, 8.500000, 20.000000)
Hitbox4_2988D50F(Id=0x1, Bone?=0x0, unk?=0x0, Damage=24.000000, Angle=0x169, BKB=0x64, WKB?=0x0, KBG=0x3c, Size=2.500000, X=0.000000, Y=8.500000, 27.000000, 0x19, 0x0, 1.600000, 1.000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x32, 0x2, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0xa, 0x0, 8.500000, 25.000000)
AsynchronousTimer(10.000000)#frame 10
RemoveAllHitboxes()
End()

This difference can be seen in Meshima's visualization video. And I wonder why they decided on this difference. Maybe it's because fully charged is supposed to be this powerful, denser attack -- which makes it smaller.

You're welcome! I'll make sure to ask the devs of the program how big those squares are in units. I might provide an update soon and include that.
Nice, sounds good.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Vipermoon Vipermoon
Huh, that's all pretty interesting to know.
Really, sometimes looking at the hitbox frames doesn't tell the whole story. Just through the hitboxes, we can see that Marth's DB1 comes out Frame 4, yet it's actually Frame 6 during gameplay.
I am sure it's no coincidence at all that in Brawl DB1 was actually frame 4...

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yup, definitely no coincidence. Just like how aerial DB1 after the start-up slowdown is exactly the same as Brawl DB1 in lag, animation speed, and all that.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Why does usmash have a cursed hitbox near the feet?
Because in past games, people complained Up Smash was way too niche/near useless due to how it could only be used as a laggy commital Anti-Air of sorts (since it could never hit people in the floor at all, like Dark/Pit's is right now),
so now they have a hitbox near their feet that flings people into the blade so you can now use it properly.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Because in past games, people complained Up Smash was way too niche/near useless due to how it could only be used as a laggy commital Anti-Air of sorts (since it could never hit people in the floor at all, like Dark/Pit's is right now),
so now they have a hitbox near their feet that flings people into the blade so you can now use it properly.
I get that, it's just...why on the FEET? Why not on the torso or on the chest? It'll still hit grounded characters properly, Mewtwo's Usmash does.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I get that, it's just...why on the FEET? Why not on the torso or on the chest? It'll still hit grounded characters properly, Mewtwo's Usmash does.
Because his are way wider and curve slightly to the ground. Marcina is just a pointy stick at face level. It didn't work well in Melee, so that's how they figured out they could fix it.

Edwrd

Smash Rookie
From Frames 7 to 8 on Back Air, does the hitbox move seamlessly between the two frames or does it actually skip from one frame to another?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
From Frames 7 to 8 on Back Air, does the hitbox move seamlessly between the two frames or does it actually skip from one frame to another?
Much like Furil said in his original thread, the hitboxes in Smash drag between each frame, so I think in your description, it'd be "seamless transition".

Edwrd

Smash Rookie
Much like Furil said in his original thread, the hitboxes in Smash drag between each frame, so I think in your description, it'd be "seamless transition".
I don't know if this is a difficult question to answer, but how does that "seamless transition" work if the game is played at 60fps? Im also curious about this topic because when I calculate shield stun on a move a lot of times ill get decimal numbers. I was wondering if those decimal values mean anything in the game, or if they are simply ignored?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I don't know if this is a difficult question to answer, but how does that "seamless transition" work if the game is played at 60fps? Im also curious about this topic because when I calculate shield stun on a move a lot of times ill get decimal numbers. I was wondering if those decimal values mean anything in the game, or if they are simply ignored?
Furil made this gif to more or less show how it should look like.

I can't answer the other question, though. I think that'd be better to ask the devs of the calculator.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Good afternoon!
The thread has been updated! I've recorded new WebMs of all the hitboxes, now with the newest version of Smash Forge. This version displays hitbox drag, sweetspot hitboxes and actually takes into account Marth's slightly taller height (more accurately speaking, his bigger scale).
No pictures of the still pictures yet, since that takes a long time.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Good morning, everyone!
I've updated the thread yet again! It's a big update this time around! Now I've taken stills, .gifs and video of all of Marcina's hitboxes in a much more recent version of Smash Forge!
This time around I also updated the pack for it to include all of the new things I took. The pack is way bigger now (190.4MB compared to 36.7MB it was last time) but it now includes all of the video files, stills for every single frame of every move they have and 20FPS ,gifs I was able to render thanks to this being one of Smash Forge's latest additions. One minor bug, however, is that the stills start at the second frame and the first frame ended up as the very last frame instead. This is only a very minor inconvenience, though, and if you really need to fix it, rename the last frame of each move's still to "Frame0" and it'll be in order.
I'll update the thread to include the .gifs as well in a few hours. This way, people that couldn't have previously viewed WebMs for whatever reason it may be can still see the hitboxes here in the forum without having to download the hitbox pack if they don't want to.
Any suggestions, corrections, critiques or similar would be very much appreciated!

UPDATE: GIFS finally included. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yes! Thanks a lot. So glad to have every frame too now. Now I'll have each frame of Melee and Snash 4 Marth.

By the way, I took a few minutes and was able to figure out that each of those squares were actually two game units each.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Yes! Thanks a lot. So glad to have every frame too now. Now I'll have each frame of Melee and Snash 4 Marth.

By the way, I took a few minutes and was able to figure out that each of those squares were actually two game units each.
First time I ever did these hitboxes (back when you first replied) I was on a really early version of Smash Forge. Reaaaaally early. It was way before it went mainstream too. On that version I noticed the squares are a different size.
Also, having every frame was now feasible because of the new function of rendering .gifs. Like I said months ago, it was way too impractical to get all of the frames if I had to take shots of them manually. With the .gifs, I just extract all the frames from the .gif with a program and I'm good to go, so it's way easier.
This means now we have the hitboxes in every way anyone could ever possibly want them, which is pretty nifty.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
EMERGENCY UPDATE!

I apologize for the scandal.
Turns out I screwed up: I forgot to add in the scale difference between Marth and Lucina. This mean that both of them had hitboxes the exact same size, which is slightly incorrect. Everything has been prompty corrected and the hitbox pack has been updated. For all of you who downloaded the Revision 2 pack, I actually encourage all of you to keep it and compare it to the new Revision 3 pack. For people who haven't quite understood how the character scale afffects the characters, it's very good to show the difference.
Here's a better explanation of what's going on and why I had to update the pack:

For the longest time, people often spread around the rumour that Lucina had less range than Marth. Even though people would say this, nobody knew how much less range she had exactly - or if it even was there. Some people thought this difference was longer than others. Ultimately - yes, there is a range difference, and it happens because of the Character Size Multiplier that dictates the character's scale. For reference, this variable is what items like the Poison Mushroom and the Super Mushroom change to make your character bigger or smaller. Marth's scale is 0.96 while Lucina's is 0.92, meaning that Lucina is 0.04 units smaller than him. This change affects everything, so all of her hitboxes, hurtboxes and model size are smaller, therefore making her reach very slightly shorter. However, old tests of mine that I have made (that I will show at a later date in a guide I am currently writing) at the time of testing showed that the range discrepancy does not surpass 6 pixels, so it's actually minuscule during gameplay. It very rarely makes a difference and does not stop Lucina from being able to do anything range related that Marth can do. Do not believe the claim Marth can Jab or FSmash characters on Battlefield's lower platforms while Lucina can't. That is a myth and if you spread it around, you are spreading misinformation. Lucina can do that as well. Neither character can really do it well enough for it to warrant being accounted for, FSmash on the platform is almost pixel perfect for both (unless the target is laying down, where it's easy for both).
Basically, the hitboxes in Revision 2 had this scale set as 1.00 for both. In Revision 3 this has been corrected to 0.96 for Marth and 0.92 for Lucina. I will again encourage you to keep Revision 2 if you download it so you can see the difference this makes.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
EMERGENCY UPDATE!

I apologize for the scandal.
Turns out I screwed up: I forgot to add in the scale difference between Marth and Lucina. This mean that both of them had hitboxes the exact same size, which is slightly incorrect. Everything has been prompty corrected and the hitbox pack has been updated. For all of you who downloaded the Revision 2 pack, I actually encourage all of you to keep it and compare it to the new Revision 3 pack. For people who haven't quite understood how the character scale afffects the characters, it's very good to show the difference.
Here's a better explanation of what's going on and why I had to update the pack:

For the longest time, people often spread around the rumour that Lucina had less range than Marth. Even though people would say this, nobody knew how much less range she had exactly - or if it even was there. Some people thought this difference was longer than others. Ultimately - yes, there is a range difference, and it happens because of the Character Size Multiplier that dictates the character's scale. For reference, this variable is what items like the Poison Mushroom and the Super Mushroom change to make your character bigger or smaller. Marth's scale is 0.96 while Lucina's is 0.92, meaning that Lucina is 0.04 units smaller than him. This change affects everything, so all of her hitboxes, hurtboxes and model size are smaller, therefore making her reach very slightly shorter. However, old tests of mine that I have made (that I will show at a later date in a guide I am currently writing) at the time of testing showed that the range discrepancy does not surpass 6 pixels, so it's actually minuscule during gameplay. It very rarely makes a difference and does not stop Lucina from being able to do anything range related that Marth can do. Do not believe the claim Marth can Jab or FSmash characters on Battlefield's lower platforms while Lucina can't. That is a myth and if you spread it around, you are spreading misinformation. Lucina can do that as well. Neither character can really do it well enough for it to warrant being accounted for, FSmash on the platform is almost pixel perfect for both (unless the target is laying down, where it's easy for both).
Basically, the hitboxes in Revision 2 had this scale set as 1.00 for both. In Revision 3 this has been corrected to 0.96 for Marth and 0.92 for Lucina. I will again encourage you to keep Revision 2 if you download it so you can see the difference this makes.
Ah okay. I haven't downloaded yet so I guess I'll be getting Revision 3.

So I learned something reading this and it's that hitboxes also get affected by this multiplier. But it makes sense if I think about Mushrooms, as you said. So Marcina's common size 3.5 radius hitboxes are actually smaller than other character's size 3.5 hitboxes? Very interesting. This means most of Marth's hitboxes are size 3.36 and Lucina's equivalent is 3.22. If I didn't know about this, I wouldn't be surprised about the ~6 pixel difference at best — as I'd think it's just longer arms; but with this affecting hitboxes too, I am surprised it's that miniscule. Also, small correction to your wording about Lucina being 0.04 units smaller than Marth. Since it's a multiplier, it can't be said that way and it's proper to divide them which gets: Marth is 4.35% larger than Lucina / Lucina is 4.17% smaller than Marth; whichever tickles your fancy.

But the biggest visual difference between them is their height. It definitely seems more than 4%. When both characters are at 1.00 multiplier, is Marth taller than Lucina?

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Vipermoon Vipermoon
I had to edit them into links because the images weren't showing up, God knows why.
Measuring them myself them seem about the same size. 366px for 1, 350px for 0.96 and 336px for 0.92. So from this distance (which is really close actually) the range difference would appear to be 14px. Of course, on a screen, depending on how close or far the characters are from the camera, the difference in pixels might appear bigger.
What I found odd is how the differene between 1 and 0.96 is bigger than 0.96 to 0.92. Maybe there's a mathematical way of explaining.

Oh yeah. I have no way of seeing this but I'm almost sure Lucina's Falchion is shorter than Marth's, which doesn't help with hand testing. When I manually test ranges for both, often times Marth's sword clips through the target just a tiiiiny bit before it finally hits, while Lucina's often hits in front of the sword. This is pretty blatant in Shield Breaker where you can hit people quite some distance in front of her sword.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Can't open them on mobile now. So Marth is not taller if they're both at 1.0? Yes I know that wasn't the point of what you just uploaded.

I want to mention some things.
I find it really helpful that we have images of his entire animation length, not just up until his IASA because I wanted to know long they were in Smash 4. And wow, as suspected, to make Marth feel laggy or emphasize his weakness or something, they really really slowed down most of his animations. For reference, https://smashboards.com/threads/complete-marth-hitboxes-and-frame-data.285324/; Total is the animation duration. Brawl is this fast too.
And I am so excited that we finally have interpolated hitboxes showing in Smash 4 visualization. This is great! Already things like Dsmash, DB1, and late Dolphin Slash sweetspot (frame 6) make a lot more sense.
Lastly, I find it funny that Marth has a sword in his hand AND in his sheath in this program. He found a Parallel Falchion!

Requests: Aerial Dancing Blade please? All of those animations are pretty different from the grounded versions (they were the Brawl one). Fully charged Shield Breaker? Those hitboxes are 0.5 smaller in radius. Aerial Shield Breaker, especially fully charged? It would be nice to see how the forward boost affects range.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
In short:
Marth is 350px tall in that picture while Lucina is 336px tall. 14px is a 4% difference. It's probably no coincidence that 0.96 to 0.92 is a 0.04 difference and that in my own hand tests to see what was the range difference between the two, 6px in that context also equaled to 4%. I think we can safely say that the range difference is more or less 4%. That's really small, to be honest. Way smaller than the ridiculous 25-20% people used to say, and way smaller than even the most reasonable 10-5% guesses I'd sometimes see around.
I have released an "update pack", Revision 3a, with the Aerial Dancing Blade and the Aerial Shield Breaker animations like you requested. I still can't find a way to see the fully charged Shield Breaker hitbox, but I know it's possible. If I find out how to show that, I'll release another update with it.
I can't update the visualizations on this thread to include those since there's a limit of Media I can include per post and adding those would most certainly go above the limit.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
In short:
Marth is 350px tall in that picture while Lucina is 336px tall. 14px is a 4% difference. It's probably no coincidence that 0.96 to 0.92 is a 0.04 difference and that in my own hand tests to see what was the range difference between the two, 6px in that context also equaled to 4%. I think we can safely say that the range difference is more or less 4%. That's really small, to be honest. Way smaller than the ridiculous 25-20% people used to say, and way smaller than even the most reasonable 10-5% guesses I'd sometimes see around.
I have released an "update pack", Revision 3a, with the Aerial Dancing Blade and the Aerial Shield Breaker animations like you requested. I still can't find a way to see the fully charged Shield Breaker hitbox, but I know it's possible. If I find out how to show that, I'll release another update with it.
I can't update the visualizations on this thread to include those since there's a limit of Media I can include per post and adding those would most certainly go above the limit.
Ah okay. So they're the same height otherwise. And thank you for getting those! Yeah forgot you told me about fully charged SB already.

And wtf!? Who says that? I would've guessed 2% before I knew anything. I mean I thought it was body only, not body and hitboxes. So yeah, 2%.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
In short:
FYI. Tried it twice and the stuff you put in isn't there. Assuming it's still the link in the first post.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
FYI. Tried it twice and the stuff you put in isn't there. Assuming it's still the link in the first post.
It's below the main download.
upload_2017-9-20_8-1-53.png

It's in a smaller update pack so not I don't have to make giant 250MB files then upload said giant files everytime, but also this way if you can just get a smaller download to get the updates.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It's below the main download.
View attachment 132749
It's in a smaller update pack so not I don't have to make giant 250MB files then upload said giant files everytime, but also this way if you can just get a smaller download to get the updates.
Don't know why I didn't check below the rev 2 link, thanks. Update pack is a good idea. I deleted my stuff and downloaded what I thought was 3a so I don't even have to.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Doing things like this means that you can get the main pack with all the important hitboxes and the updates come optional. Easier for me and everyone. This way I only upload a 1/4 of a gigabyte file once instead of everytime I need to update something.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
The 3a link "cannot be reached".

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Try it again now. It seems to be working.
It's strange it wasn't working before considering I tested it... it's alright. Should be good now.

Top Bottom