• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up tilt dodging

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I noticed that the Utilt lifts Olimar off the ground. After a bit of testing, these are some of the things you can dodge with utilt during the time that he is off the ground.

If at any point in Olimar's utilt you're able to completely dodge the following, it is on the list. The timing of your utilt, of course is different for every attack attempted on you.

GRABS:

Utilt can dodge grabs by these characters: Lucas, Jigglypuff, Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Metaknight, Ivysaur, Ice climbers, King Dedede, Wolf, Lucario, Toon Link, Olimar

The following characters will get hit with your utilt if they are in range to grab you: Donkey Kong, Fox, Marth, Game and Watch, Luigi, Sheik, Pit, Falco, Squirtle, Charizard, Ike, Snake, Peach, Ganondorf, Ness, Sonic, Bowser, Wario, Captain Falcon

The following characters can grab you at any point during your utilt: Rob, Zero Suit Samus

Down Tilts

Utilt can dodge down tilts by these characters: Lucas, Jigglypuff, Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Sheik, Pit, Metaknight, Falco, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Ike, Snake, Peach, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Wolf, Lucario, Sonic, Bowser, Wario, Toon Link, Rob, Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus

Utilt will clank with these down tilts at certain points: Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Marth, Luigi, Zelda, Sheik, Pit, Wario, Rob, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus

Can't dodge: Mr. game and watch, Olimar

Down Smashes

Utilt can dodge these down smashes: jigglypuff, Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Game and Watch, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Pit, Metaknight, Falco, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Toon Link, Rob, Olimar

Utilt will clank with these down smashes at certain points: Zelda, Falco, Ganondorf, Rob

Can't dodge: Donkey Kong, Sheik, Charizard, Sonic, Wario, Zero Suit Samus

Will get hit with utilt if they down smash: Bowser, Captain Falcon

*Snake is not included on this list, because his dsmash is weird.

Rocann

Smash Lord
you have done much work, which is respectable. but spot dodging also dodges all that and more (so you don't have to predict what they're gonna do) and doesn't leave you open to attack, as well as lets you punish their mistake faster.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yes it does. But this is fun sometimes for mindgames.

Also if they space poorly the utilt that you used to dodge their attack will hit them.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Have been using this a couple of days already as well. Thanks for listing, sure will be handy!

pesticide

Smash Lord
yea i tried this a few times. i gotta incorporate it into my game better though. i dont use olimar's tilts as much as i probably should. good information.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is great stuff man. I've been trying to incorporate uptilting over spotdodging when my zelda/shiek friend is next to me sometimes when I anticipate a downsmash. They miss and I hit them up for combo racking.

It's similiar to dtilting to avoid a grab from zelda with kirby. If I shield, I can get her to try and grab me and throw in a dtilt. She'll miss the grab cuz I'll be too short and she'll trip. <very useful

Top Bottom