• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up taunt best move in the game.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
When you hold his up-taunt he remains on the ground after tripping, you can roll out of it. usefull? nah. cute? helllll yeah.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Have you attempted to incorporate this into your Lucas game?
I've tried a couple times in game, and it REALLY only works as an edgeguard on fast fallers and on characters like Spacies you're much better off doing DSmash. It probably works okay on Falco.

Only good for styling on people.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Only good for styling on people.
Ah okay.

How about putting X or Y to up taunt/footstool?
Would a footstool be used in defense in specific situation when you are coming down from the air, already burned an air attack, and the opponent used both their jumps/air attacks already? Even then I don't see why Dair isn't a better option, unless the spacing is bad and you know they want to punish off shield from your air attack they think you're going to do, but then they eat a footstool?

Mind you I already read information on footstooling from combos or out of magnet, but I want your opinion on this.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Maybe useful against Squirtle and his bubbles? *runs away*

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
The hitbox on footstool is pretty much the feet of the characters. The hurtbox of every characters is divided into different segmentsof which one is "feet". This area (plus a very little extension iirc) is the footstoolbox. Characters like Wario where the feet make up a big part of the body size have an easier time footstooling. It is not really easy for Lucas.

Last edited:

HonkBonkington

Smash Rookie
Best taunt in the game is the one where Luigi stiffens up and does a little boatmove on the ground. Nice try though.

Top Bottom