• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up B trajectory change

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Just a little bit of info that some might not know, but when dedede up Bs, before he says hyumpf he does a crouching animation and during that animation u can be Ding in one direction, and right before dedede launches upward, you can change the direction and go the opposite way (left to right, right to left.) The best example for this is when you're under the level and trying to recover back to the edge. Usually if you up B from underneath the map you move in one direction, away from the map and if someone is edgehogging, it makes it very difficult for you to make it back. To prevent this, in the beginning off the up B, di away from the map and right before dedede says "hyump" change the direction you are going by tapping the control stick and it will send you in the opposite direction. Some of you might already know of this but for those that didnt, just thought I'd throw it out there :)

I'll post a video later if there are those who request it or dont understand

whut?

Smash Journeyman
i posted something like this in the dedede guide, his upb has nothing to do with momentum.
a video is unnecessary, its pretty straightforward, just DI.
( :

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea this helps so u dont get caught under final des. its sooooo stupid honestly. just go left before he says ayuppp/ then Di twoards the stage. ( if your on the lip on the left)

Top Bottom